State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Senior Audit Manager, Vice President, who will be mainly responsible for managing, engaging, overseeing and reporting audit activities impacting State Street Bank International GmbH (SSBI), conducted at a Corporate level. The focus of the role will include the input to global audit engagements considering the legal entity aspect and local regulatory requirements across all business lines pertaining to SSBI’s activities.
You will be part of a team of approximately 270 professionals globally, and you will be responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries.You will interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations. The role can be based out in Frankfurt or Munich, in Germany.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Audit Manager, Vice President you will
- In conjunction with regional and functional leads develop, execute against an audit plan covering assigned areas.
- Schedule, oversee and deliver audit assurance and advisory services, including resource management, planning assignments, and providing overall direction to the audit team
- Oversee/engage in the planning, assessment, testing and reporting phases of audits covering SSBI activities.
- Draft, review, finalize and communicate audit deliverables, including discussion item matrices, memos and audit reports to senior and executive management.
- Maintain subject matter knowledge related to ECB and BaFIN requirements (for example the EBA Guidelines on Outsourcing, Minimum Requirements of Risk Management)
- Recommend adjustments to the overall audit plan based on continuous monitoring activities, audit plan progress, and changes in business area risk profiles.
- Develop and manage influential relationships with senior and executive management through continuous monitoring activities, regular client relationship meetings, participation in working groups and committees of significant business and technology initiatives, and ad-hoc controls advisory activities.
- Manage, coach and develop staff, including participating in the talent management, staff evaluation, and new hire processes. Help to build technology audit skills across the division
- Lead internal investigations and due diligence assessments, follow-up on regulatory findings, and other divisional activities, as needed.
- Strengthen internal control disciplines within the corporation by influencing relevant policies, promoting education/ understanding of control concepts.
- Continually challenge the department’s organization, processes and services to ensure that they remain at or above peer/industry standard.
- Support Corporate Audit change initiatives and department strategy.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Proven record of leadership experience, including building strong working relationships with key partners, peers, staff and executives at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task critical responsibilities and deadlines.
- Self-starter, intellectually curious and proven ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to establish an environment conducive to continuous innovation.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 10+ years of audit experience and/or related experience including 7+ years’ experience managing complex audit operations or related projects in public accounting or financial services internal audits.
- Experience in financial services industry, including an understanding of the regulatory environment, in particular, deep knowledge of EMEA regulations covering outsourcing risks, specifically BaFIN requirements such as MaRisk.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
- CISA, CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% annually.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers