Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
On the Finance Operations Business Partnership (BP) Team, you will find yourself working with people that are exceptionally talented, smart, and committed to driving financial and process improvements across the many Amazon businesses. In this team, you will thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment and be part of an atmosphere of constant improvement, where the things you are doing today won’t necessarily be what you are doing 6 months later. To support business growth, our candidate must possess a strong passion for accountability, set high standards, raise the bar and drive results through constant focus on improving existing and future state operations, financial performance, productivity and team performance.
The Finance Operations Business Partnership (BP) team is seeking a Finance Manager who will be a pivotal member of the Global Physical Stores BP team, shaping the strategic objectives of the team and driving ownership of key deliverables. This individual will be responsible for driving global Physical Stores procure-to-pay and order-to-cash performance. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining operational and business metrics, driving global operational reviews, as well as owning improvements to achieve targets. As a business partner, you will work daily alongside Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Service Centers, Vendor Managers, Retail Finance, Retail, Vendors, and other technical and operational groups at all levels in a global environment. Complex problem solving and financial analysis skills are required to manage multiple high visibility priorities in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations.
Key job responsibilities
• Design and develop processes unique to physical stores and partner with business, operations and technical teams to implement
• Develop and maintain effective partnership between Finance Operations, Service Centers and Retail.
• Solve critical vendor, process and system escalations effectively to ensure root cause analysis and effective problem resolution.
• Identify and quantify financial and operational risks and opportunities
• Define key performance indicators develop operational metrics and service level agreements for processes, and track delivery against global objectives.
• Provide insights, feedback and perspective on operational and financial performance
• Identify and drive opportunities for improved cash flow, margin or productivity improvements related to vendor payments and receivables.
• 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting or related field
• Ability to work across global time zones and to occasionally travel (including internationally)
• MBA and / or CPA
• 5+ years physical retail experience
• 5+ years experience in process improvement and operational excellence
• Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma
• Excellent Financial modeling and data analytics skills, including Excel, Tableau, Access, SQL Server, and other analysis tools
• Experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other financial operations functions
• Advanced understanding of SQL and ETL tools, or the willingness to develop a deep level of understanding in a short period of time.
• Experience with optimizing operations and finance for cash flow, margin and productivity improvements
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to present to leadership
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated in a fast-paced, often ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrated successful track record of managing multiple projects and priorities.
• A strong work ethic founded on a desire to exceed expectations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.