Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Studios which is the original film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com and is seeking a Sr. Production Finance Executive to join the Finance Team overseeing our Tax incentives. This position will support the production finance and the other studios operation teams of our fast growing studios production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership of the production accounting and production finance functions.
The successful candidate will assist in the identification, creation, development, and reporting of our tax incentives WW. They will be responsible for integration of innovative solutions, internal controls and financial reporting processes to ensure collection of our various tax incentives or tax credits relating to our production operations. . The individual will also be charged with overseeing the month end financial reporting process, technical accounting research and documentation, and account reconciliation review. This position will team with the operating businesses to develop industry leading processes with respect to studio production finance. This position will also own the ownership of vetting, and recommending production sites or work streams to maximize tax incentive benefits.
The candidate must operate successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
The role requires a self-starter, who is able to work effectively autonomously and drive projects with the team and cross-functionally with other teams including Creative, Development, Production, Legal and Business Affairs, Finance and Accounting. The ideal candidate will understand the television and original production business and be able to liaise between the Amazon business teams and production personnel.
• Serve as main point of contact between multiple original movie and scripted TV productions and Amazon Studios finance and Accounting teams.
• Implement industry best tax accounting practices for the studio project portfolio.
• Work with show accountants and production service companies to drive accurate, complete and timely reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
• Document key process flows with an emphasis on improving process controllership and efficiency.
• Collaborate with Line Producers, Production Managers, Production Accounting Staff and the Amazon Production team to prepare all tax related financial reports, ensure proper reconciliation of accounts, and ensure proper tagging and Tax audit needs are met.
• Manage cash flow and funding processes.
• Create and drive innovative solutions that will enable the finance org to maintain effective controllership in a high growth business.
This position is located in Culver City, California.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• 5+ years of experience in finance/accounting or combination of accounting and business with a significant portion in the film and television production industry.
• University degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and database management
• Advanced knowledge of various production accounting software: EP Smart Accounting, Vista, PSL, MediaWeb, and Greenslate.
• Experience managing large scale teams of production accountants.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Highly motivated, analytical, proactive and self-sufficient
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be able to work independently and team up with various divisions.
• Able to earn the trust and respect of clients and coworkers.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Ability to effectively research, conclude on and communicate technical accounting topics.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to lead teams effectively across business lines.
• Experience implementing and improving business process and systems.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.