Intel is an innovative technology company that uses artificial intelligence to elevate multiple industries.
Cost and Inventory Accounting Policy and Governance Manager
Intel is a company of bold and curious inventors and problem solvers who create some of the most astounding technology advancements and experiences in the world. With a legacy of relentless innovation and a commitment to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth, our diverse and brilliant teams are continually searching for tomorrow’s technology and revel in the challenge that changing the world for the better brings.
Intel Finance prides itself on creating an environment where you are challenged to become the most well rounded, effective finance professional you can be. When you join Intel Finance, you can expect to support both brilliant technologists and top finance leaders who are working to change the world by creating leading edge technology.
This Cost and Inventory Accounting Manager role provides a great opportunity to partner with the business, drive process improvements, reporting insights, and contribute to finance modernization objectives relating to Intel’s Cost and Inventory processes. The role will partner with multiple finance teams to transform the way work is done and help drive more timely, accurate and decision-useful information.
This role will have matrix responsibility across numerous business units and will have responsibility to partner and support R&D, cost and inventory accounting activities across the horizontal teams involved in the Inventory and Costing teams (Cost and Inventory COE, Central Cost Team, BUs, and Factory Finance groups). The role will be focused on creating shareholder value by connecting Operations, Finance and Accounting to ensure we are applying policies, systems, and controls in consistent manner across the Enterprise. An Advisory approach is imperative to success.
The role is also expected to develop business acumen related to both manufacturing operations and process flows and the business units that manage the inventory to support improved effectiveness of our existing policies and systems. The candidate will also develop an in-depth understanding accounting flows as well as Intel’s internal costing system (ICOST), SAP and other related financial systems. This role will have an integral role in financial statement presentation and deployment of new accounting rules related to inventory.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Co-owner of cost and inventory accounting policies developing technical expertise, proliferation, education, maintenance, and simplification of policies.
- Partner with manufacturing finance teams and operations finance to drive consistent standardized application of policies.
- Serve as the accounting lead for projects impacting Cost of Sales or Inventory accounting. Projects may include supporting M&A activities, policy and tool implementation and finance modernization objectives. Project support will require project management activities including planning, execution, and multiple stakeholder management.
- Routinely work with the Accounting Policy team and with our external auditors, EY, to inform or enable decision making on accounting policy changes, consultations, and exceptions to policies.
- Central point of contact for accounting to assist in resolving Cost of Sales and Inventory accounting issues and policy consultations.
- Educate and influence finance by having trainings for the cost community and updating the cost community on accounting policy changes.
- Benchmark with peer companies to develop industry leading BKM’s for cost and inventory accounting.
- Looking for a self-starter who can make this role their own and evolve it.
- Travel as required is necessary.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Strong business partnering skills, the skills to influence, and a high tolerance navigating ambiguous problems.
- Likes to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment to provide pragmatic and nimble solutions to solve complex problems
- Strong skills to optimize processes, partner with IT systems groups, and working in a highly matrixed environment.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years of finance or accounting experience required
- Knowledge of costing inventory and inventory systems
- MBA or CPA
- Knowledge of SEC/GAAP Reporting practices and requirements
- Working knowledge of finance and information systems, specifically SAP.
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
Inside this Business Group
As members of the Finance team, employees act as full partners in making and supporting business decisions that are aimed at maximizing shareholder value. Intel Finance has a strong focus on facilitating change and improvement both within finance and in the operations supported.
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Folsom;US, California, Santa Clara
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter….
Work Model for this Role
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site.