Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Interested in joining a new, exciting venture? Curious to be at the heart of where innovation meets customer obsession?
Amazon Fresh, Amazon fast-growing Grocery business, seeks an experienced Senior Finance Analyst to join the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Team.
This is a high-profile, stimulating role, whose scope includes Fresh Physical Stores and Online (retail/3P) across 6 countries (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Japan). The growth of the business and the increasing complexity driven by new launches and services make this role an exciting, interesting and challenging opportunity. The successful candidate needs to be entrepreneurial, “wear many hats”, and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more start-up than big company.
The role can be based in any EU location where Fresh operates, with a preference for London or Madrid.
Key job responsibilities
• Partner with a broad range of finance and business leaders across the WW Fresh and Physical Stores organization, often at some of the most senior levels within the company (including Country Finance, Ops, Marketing, and Local business Leads, across both International and NA).
• Own the consolidation of the annual and long-range forecasts across the 6 locales, becoming the primary point of contact for the leadership on this subject matter.
• Summarize inputs from multiple stakeholders across multiple businesses to develop coherent, clear and compelling SVP ready narratives.
• Lead the month-end processes for the finance team and partnering ones.
• Build and maintain mechanisms around Headcount (HC) planning and reporting.
• Manage ad hoc requests, financial deep dives and analyses from Sr. Leadership.
• Identify opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Create, improve, scale, or simplify finance processes/tools across teams and organizations.
• Actively coach more junior resources in the team, including 1 direct report (Finance Analyst Intern).
About the team
Grocery is the next great growth opportunity for Amazon! With the 2017 acquisition of Whole Foods, and rapid growth in online delivery, grocery has quickly become a must win category. Now organized under the simple mantra “Fresh, Food, Fast” (F3), we are committed to delivering on its promise, and doing so in a very big way. Fresh Finance is well positioned to help the business drive growth, unlock the full potential of the Amazon flywheel and drive the businesses towards profitability.
• Several years of finance experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science).
• Advanced Microsoft Excel.
• Familiarity with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, COGNOS) and other financial systems.
• Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field.
• Prior experience in a global, multi-layered organization, with a successful track record of managing more junior resources.
• Strong financial acumen including advanced accounting knowledge and experience with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis.
• High attention to detail, comfort with ambiguity, and an ability to work independently with a high degree of autonomy.
• Experience performing financial and ad hoc analyses and providing recommendations to management based on results.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills and experience working with and presenting to senior executives.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.