HP aims to create engineering experiences that not only amaze, but inspire people around the world to interact and invent in ways that ultimately improve lives.
There are not many times in your career when you get the opportunity to change a multi-billion dollar franchise, work with talented finance professionals and be part of amazing work culture. Welcome to HP’s Global Finance organization! HP continues to invest, innovate and incubate new business models everyday, with the goal to delight our customers and provide them access to the most meaningful products and services for our daily lives.
We are hiring a Senior Financial Analyst to support HP Consumer Services, a strategic priority of the company. HP Consumer Services spans across both the PC and Print segments and is currently spearheaded by our flagship subscription service called HP Instant Ink, with over 10M customers worldwide. With HP Instant Ink, customers never run out of ink, have the flexibility to choose and change plans, and can recycle with ease. HP Instant Ink represents one the company’s top DTC (Direct to Customer) business models and will give you visibility at the highest levels in the company.
The Senior Analyst will need to have experience in Direct to Consumer business models that are sold as a subscription with recurring revenue streams. We are looking for experienced finance professionals who understand the As-a-Service model, including how to manage the fish impacts, calculate CAC (Customer Acquisition Cost), prepare per unit economics of the customer LTV (Lifetime Value) and all metrics associated with a recurring revenue business. Specially, the Senior Analyst will be responsible for preparing detailed financial cases associated with new business models addressing the Consumer Services TAM. This includes developing and analyzing market trends, customer offers, pricing scenarios, cost structure and investments to bring new subscriptions and/or services to market. The Senior Analyst will be integral to the growth of Consumer Services and be involved in the ideation of new consumer subscription and service models that require an intimate understanding of recurring revenue models and the impact of consumer behavior in a subscription ecosystem. The candidate’s critical thinking ability, judgement and experience will be important in the role. They will provide financial advisory and consulting on processes, programs and projects to program managers, their staff and as well as executives. Prior experience in a subscription and service business required for this position.
- Financial planning lead for new subscription and/or service models addressing the Consumer Services segment.
- Partner with the business team to analyze New Services Introductions, Investments in New Business Models, and building the long-term financials including NPV and ROI (Return on investment).
- Prepare DCF (Discounted Cash Flow) models, accounting for key attributes of a subscription and/or service model that require significant upfront investments to scale.
- Prepare both scenario and sensitivity analysis driven by changes to key assumptions, such as pricing, churn, CAC, investments as well customer purchasing behavior and consumption.
- Forecast per unit customer economic analysis and accretion/dilution vs. a do nothing scenario
- Assessment of value creation from different customer offers
- Understand the impact of the fish model from new sales
- Update and promote the engagement model with business and finance partner organizations including enhancing relationship with the Hardware, Software, Service Delivery and GTM organizations
- Support executive reviews, quarterly strategic reviews
- Provides the most complex financial analysis for a financial function or a business, typically exercising a unique understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Leads and advises on the most complex business initiatives, typically leading several analysts across multiple areas within finance and across geographies/organizations.
- Drives process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function globally.
- Represents the business unit during cross-regional or cross- functional planning processes.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to analysts.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in a variety of finance functions.
- Familiarity with S4, SQL, Power BI, Tableau and/or Python strongly preferred
In accordance with applicable law, an offer of employment is conditional upon you providing proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC) as of your first day of employment.
HP is an equal opportunity employer: https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c08129225
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible-in your career as well as the world around you.
Soare we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo,and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who areinspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated tomaking a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone isrespected and where people can be themselves, while being a part ofsomething bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you canbelong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day.When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottomline. Come to HP and thrive!