Uber is changing how people think about transportation, part of the logistical fabric of 600+ cities. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, Uber gives people what they want when they want it.
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Strategic Finance team provides comprehensive financial insight into the business through regional and functional business partnering, forecasting and budgets, and pricing and incentives.
About the Role
In this role, you will join our Mobility Strategic Finance team for EMEA and report to the Head of Finance, Mobility EMEA. You will partner across Finance, Central Operations, Strategy & Planning teams, HQ Finance and Regional Finance teams to support our monthly close, forecasting and annual planning cycles and lead in-depth analysis for key pivotal initiatives and projects. With open access to the regional business and across product teams / verticals, you will reach insights others might not be able to make. In this position, you would be a key partner in budgeting, optimization and performance tracking to accomplish our financial and operational goals.
If you’re ready to go deep working on an exciting set of challenges and if you’ve got the finance & excel skills, analytical savvy, passion and ownership, professional dedication and a strong team mentality – read on and get in touch!
What You’ll Do
• Financial planning and analysis: work closely with the finance organization and with regional business leaders to develop financial forecasts and goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to help with decision making;
• Sophisticated financial modeling: build models from scratch, improve existing models, and assemble business reality/dynamics and interactions into comprehensive models and demonstrate those to assess trade-offs, propose solutions and drive better decision making;
• Think strategically and implement: the models we build aid in decision making and strategy – we operationalize our insights and support everyday execution;
• Monthly close: report and analyze variances between actuals, forecast, and plan – use insights to iterate on forecasts and build/discuss potential action plans with cross-functional customers;
• Operational improvement: help optimize our planning processes and ensure finance the best methodologies spread through the organization. Work with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals;
• Innovate: we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical abilities;
• Special projects: new initiatives always come up, you will have the chance to go beyond regular modelling.
• BS/BA in Engineering, Finance, Business, Economics highly preferred;
• 4-6 years in Investment Banking, Corporate finance, Corporate Development/M&A, operational FP&A or Chief of Staff role at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization;
• Strong Financial Modelling skills: standard methodologies are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive;
• Excellent communication and people skills: numbers are key, but a business is built with people;
• Self-starter: You will take initiative and drive toward goals;
• Attention to detail: consistent with swift and high quality execution. We do things quickly, and we need to do them well.
• Strategic thinking: ability to synthesize sophisticated information into coherent story/perspective and connect the dots between business and financial performance;
• Systems: understanding of enterprise-level financial planning systems such as IBM Cognos TM1;
• Shown comprehension of US GAAP;
• SQL skills: the ability to self-serve, investigate and get business intelligence from DW;
• CFA or CPA.