Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
This is an exciting opportunity to join some of the most transformative businesses at Amazon. The WW Books Finance organization seeks an experienced Sr. Finance Manager to lead the team supporting the VP and their leadership team of 7 distinct Books businesses, including fast-growing Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) and Print on Demand (POD), in-house publishing companies APub and Brilliance, or the recently launched Kindle Vella among others. In addition to end-to-end ownership of each of these businesses’ finance processes, the role provides analytical support in areas like author acquisition, royalty models, authors’ customer service, helping authors earn more, fraud detection, operations, and several other new initiatives in the product planning phase.
The successful candidate will work closely with senior leadership to provide strategic guidance, as well as overall finance, operational and decision support in this exciting and evolving space. This individual will be role model for high standards, problem solving, operational discipline, driving business insight/innovation, partnering with cross functional teams, and developing scalable processes. The role demands ambitious individuals with solid analytical skills, the ability to work independently, manage competing priorities and teams in a fast-paced environment, a strong bias for action, superb customer focus, and the ability to communicate with and influence senior business leadership.
This highly visible role requires a candidate with the proven leadership to manage and coach a team and empower them to influence senior stakeholders and steer business conversations and achieve great outcome for Amazon as well as its customers.
Key job responsibilities
- Oversee financial reporting for all seven businesses areas. Understand input drivers and validate integrity of the reporting to influence strategic decision-making and planning. Use data to identify disruptive ideas and provide advice to business leaders across the globe.
- You improve controls to address financial risk and support frugality.
- Educate business partners on financial and non-financial trade-offs. You make thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where data may be scarce or difficult to procure.
- Use active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Your communications drive critical business decisions.
- Have backbone, disagree and commit to foster constructive dialogues, harmonize conflicting views, resolve issues, and drive decisions.
- Support FP&A process, headcount tracking and goals tracking. Review existing processes and streamline for efficiency across your team and Books Finance organization.
- Manage, hire and develop a team of 15+ Finance Managers, Senior Analysts and Analysts
- Become an expert in your lane to contribute to work-life harmony. You are a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members and model operations excellence and efficiency.
- 12+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar degree
- 5+ years of direct management experience.
- MBA, CPA and/or CFA
- Independent and entrepreneurial attitude showing the ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Experience with understanding complex process flows and driving process improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Strong internal customer focus
- Strong track record of strategic business partnership
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Highly analytical, detail oriented with advanced financial modelling and reporting skills
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
- Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical capabilities with ability to develop robust financial models to help business partners make sound financial decisions
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities in a fast paced, growing and ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.