GitLab is one of the world’s largest all-remote companies. Our DevOps platform powers 100,000+ organizations.
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Location – This position is 100% remote, based in North America.
The Business Systems job family at GitLab is in charge of designing, delivering, and maintaining high quality business systems solutions by applying project management methodology.
In this role you would be supporting the Billing and Revenue teams, therefore experience with Zuora is a must.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you’ll do in this role…
- Develop business requirements, write the business case, define business logic, create optimization and monitoring strategies and work with the implementation teams to communicate and develop solutions
- Work with cross-functional business teams to facilitate alignment around project issues and define best practice business processes
- Assist with Business Process Mapping and gap analysis, project scoping, planning, and scheduling
- Be a communication focal point providing coordination for IT/Business Systems projects
- Understand system capabilities and business requirements, and drive standard & scalable solutions. Anticipate risks and mitigating them before they become serious.
- Document work using the GitLab’s standards, methods and tools
- Partner with ICs and Operations/Managers to establish timelines and ensure delivery of projects and requests
- Drive a program of improvement with multiple internal customer teams with limited managerial direction
- Proactively identify inefficiencies or future inefficiencies, and foster organizational momentum to address
- Provide best practice, or experience driven solutions to business problems
- Work on long-term, multi-stage projects of high complexity
- Exert significant influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of Business Operations, and internal customer teams.
- Keep an even keel, and act as a point of stability and focus for ambitious or controversial projects
- Identify and drive best practices for Business Operations projects
- Foresee and drive net new organizational capabilities
We’re looking for…
- Experience using Zuora
- Multiple successful business system projects and experience with business analysis and business process improvement, preferably in a high-growth enterprise SaaS environment
- Good analytical skills, understanding of project lifecycles, and the ability to act in an entrepreneurial manner to ensure the software delivered matches the business communities’ needs
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills: an articulate and effective communicator able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Experience with supporting multiple implementation work-streams simultaneously
- Strong collaboration skills while working with SME’s, senior leaders, and business users/ stakeholders to drive business analysis/user requirements,
- Strong experience in negotiating scope and priorities and balancing for successful outcomes
- Basic understanding of database and integration approaches.
- Proven track record of improving operational efficiency
- 5 plus years experience, demonstrating consistent advancement or development, with at least half in related roles
- Over 3 years in a high-growth technology company, working hands on with our tech stack at our stage in operational maturity
- Ability and desire to grow and coach less tenured team-members
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $84,000 – $153,000 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.