Discord is a voice, video, and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests.
It’s time for you to lead. This role offers an excellent growth opportunity for an experienced internal auditor who’s eager for the challenge of management and the chance to make a difference. As our Internal Audit Manager, you’ll lead internal audits, maintaining compliance with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation. You’ll manage internal and external staff, as well as complex audit projects.
We’re looking for a detailed-oriented leader with a firm grasp on Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP, as well as experience with general finance and accounting best practices. As you help us ensure financial integrity, accuracy, and efficiency, you’ll be interacting with employees and external personnel at all levels, navigating a fast-paced environment and influencing actions and decisions. For success in this role, you’ll be a team player with strong communication skills, a positive, “can do” attitude, and an aptitude for learning.
This is your chance to take your career and this company to the next level, as we rapidly expand our workforce and our reach.
What you’ll be doing
- Implement and manage AuditBoard tool and support with reporting (i.e. Quarterly certifications, Audit Committee slides etc.)
- Manage teams and projects related to internal controls and audits (external contractors and/or internal teammate)
- Evaluate internal controls requirements by preparing control documentations, testing, and monitoring control compliance for Business Process and IT General Controls
- Manage audit and SOX-related deliverables and timelines
- Identify risk and compliance deficiencies and work with internal departments to execute remediations
- Facilitate SOX compliance training
- Perform or assist with annual operational audits, as needed
What you should have
- 8+ years’ experience
- Experience in IT General Controls
- Experience implementing and proficiency with maintaining AuditBoard tool
- Experience performing audits at a publicly traded company
- Working familiarity with SOX Act of 2002 and GAAP
- Big 4 public accounting/Early-stage company/pre-IPO to post IPO a plus
- CPA or CIA certification
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $133,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $106,400/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
#buildbelonging #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!