Uber is changing how people think about transportation, part of the logistical fabric of 600+ cities. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, Uber gives people what they want when they want it.
About the Internship
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use every day. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income as a Freight Carrier, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
As Uber continues to grow, our tax team also needs to expand to meet new business challenges. We are looking to add a motivated tax intern with a positive, can-do attitude to our tax team, based in Amsterdam.
Uber’s tax team supports the business by providing expert tax advice and management of complex issues. The tax team is responsible for educating and partnering with a broad set of stakeholders. We are driving the vision for improved and efficient tax compliance of not only Uber but also of our partners (Driver, Couriers, Restaurants, Carriers and Shippers).
Our team consists of a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds across tax, accounting, consulting and analytics. We often have to employ unique approaches to solve mission critical challenges.
If you are sharp, technical, have a thirst to learn more and frequently use phrases like “let’s do it”, “let’s try that”, and “we’ll find an answer” then you will fit right in.
What You’ll Do:
Indirect and direct tax:
Boost your tax technical expertise
• Support tax-related projects and work with product teams to assist in new product development
• Help prepare tax technical analysis on the issues the tax team is facing
Use your organizational skills
• Help in documenting and assessing business requirements by being part of crafting and maintaining roadmaps and project activities
• Prepare training materials and presentations
Process and Compliance
: Get a look at the bigger picture
• Assist with improving efficiency and accuracy in global reporting and tax system monitoring
• Assist with incoming information requests from local tax authorities
• Currently enrolled or graduated in the last 6 months in a Masters or Bachelors degree
• You have work authorization in Netherlands (No sponsorship available)
• Availability to work 6 months full time in 2022 starting June/July
• See the forest
the trees: Strong data analytics, you know the details that matter
• Trip obsessed: Taking time to establish effective relationships, you earn the trust of others within Uber through strong situational awareness and reliability
• One Uber: You demonstrate humility, respect others and work well in a team
• Go get it: Understanding and being fully aware of how our business operates and how it makes money and sustains profitable growth, now and in the future
• Great minds don’t think alike: diversity of thought in teams makes us stronger
• Communication: Written and spoken proficiency in English
Internships @ Uber
Perks & Benefits:
We offer an above-average monthly internship allowance, Uber credits, and much more!
You have the rare chance to create a global impact – we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics. We offer expansive mentorship from Uber employees to guide you through your internship experience and for you to build personal networks and friendships with hardworking people who share your passion for technology.