BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The position of Accountant, Accounts Receivable is part of the Finance Service Line of Group BIC Services, in Sofia, Bulgaria. This position has to ensure timely and effective Accounts Receivable management in line with internal procedures:
- Responsible for payments bookings in the ERP
- Responsible for cash recovery in order to recover payments of invoices
The role requires high levels of Customer support and interaction.
- Process payments: perform payment booking with invoice matching, customer deductions and/or advances
- Cash collection: regular follow-ups with customers and Commercial Unit to ensure effective and on-time collection of receivables
- Accounts reconciliation
- Control customer exposure and overdues, and take appropriate actions in agreement with Management as well in line with credit policy and objectives
- Participate to local meetings
- Process and follow-up customer inquiries related to its scope
- Contact customers on appropriate communication channel (phone, e-mail, chat, …) as needed
- Continuous improvement: identify, propose and implement development activities to improve the performance on a continuous basis
- High school degree. University degree in Economics or Business is an advantage
- 1-2 year of experience in a Shared Services environment for a global company is required
- Advanced English and Portuguese
- Exposure to ERPs; JDE is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Customer service orientation and attention to details
- Ability to work in teams
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.