Baker Tilly is a full-service accounting and advisory firm.
Baker Tilly’s Public Sector Consulting team consults for various public sector entities, including state, local, and tribal governments as well as public utilities and K-12 schools. The Public Sector Consulting group provides clients with operational, financial, compliance, risk advisory, and process improvement services. Our team includes a diverse array of talent including well versed project managers, Certified Internal Auditors, Certified Public Accountants, and specialists in other areas (human resources, work force planning, engineering, economic development, etc.).
You will enjoy this role if:
- You are looking for your next challenge, crave variety where no day is the same and feel your skills and experience can be better utilized
- You are looking to be part of a fast growing, entrepreneurial and innovative practice where your hard work and creativity can help us continue to build, improve and advance
- You are a team player with strong communication skills and desire to work collaboratively with others to meet client needs
- You are a creative problem solver who enjoys learning new businesses and has the desire to become an advisor to clients in order to help them achieve their goals and dreams now, for tomorrow.
What you will do:
- Assist on management consulting projects for public sector organizations through financial management reporting, budget preparation and analysis, utility rate studies, capital project planning, comprehensive financial planning, and related client services. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Gathering data and preparing financial reports, research, and analysis
- Providing comprehensive financial advisory and financial planning services to municipal clients
- Structuring financing options and facilitating the issuance of bonds for capital improvement projects
- Providing capital project planning and analysis
- Completing municipal utility rate studies
- Participating in client and working group meeting and presenting information to groups and clients at public and planning meetings
- Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance
- Occasionally travel, mostly same-day travel within the state
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 1-3 years accounting and/or finance experience required; experience with municipal finance preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting/finance, analysis, problem solving, and ability to present technical and/or financial information
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals
- Ability and willingness to travel and attend evening meetings
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world’s leading financial centers – New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly’s roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.