Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is a pioneering, dynamic, and energetic company that thrives on unique and peculiar ways. We take pride in our single-minded obsession over customer satisfaction and our ability to maintain a curious and vibrant culture no matter how large the company grows. We endeavor to build our legacy as Earth’s most customer-centric company and to continue to cultivate and nourish our innovative environment through our mission to hire the best. If you are a financial accounting professional who consistently exceeds expectations, who dares to make bold decisions, and whose ears perk up at the prospect of a challenge, then Amazon is a place where your career can flourish.
When working at Amazon, your ability to make a difference and take ownership of your career begins on day one. You can expect a collaborative, team-driven environment that encourages employees to learn, be curious, and have a bias for action. Part of this propensity for continuous learning shows itself in Amazon’s strong encouragement of movement and growth within the Accounting department and within the company as a whole. We aim to hire and develop those who will raise the bar over the course of their career at Amazon (and not just in their first position). Amazon’s accounting group offers opportunities at the Accounting Manager level in Legal Entity & Intercompany, Accounting Policy & Reporting, Operations and Capital, Transportation, Payments & Merchant Services, Retail Operations, Digital, and AWS Accounting.
This position will have responsibility for:
- Supporting all aspects of our accounting and reporting process.
- End-to-end process ownership to support finance and business partners.
- Understand internal control design concepts to assess the effectiveness of controls and design new effective processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities.
- Execute judgment and ensure the right decisions are reached to accurately report financial results.
- Drive projects, provide accounting guidance and often serve as first point of contact for finance and business partners to resolve issues.
- Dealing in ambiguity with the ability to reprioritize based on multiple business needs.
- Prioritization of tasks while providing active coaching to a team of talented individuals.
- Research, conclude and memorialize technical accounting position papers.
- 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- Degree in accounting or related field
- CPA (or equivalent)
- Accounting management experience with Big Four (public) with Fortune 500 clients
- Operational accounting experience with one or more Fortune 500 companies for two or more years
- Working knowledge of the COSO internal control framework and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
- Familiarity with GAAP research tools and the FASB codification
- Experience working with a fast-paced, high-tech start-up or complex company
- Experience with researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions
- Demonstrated history of solving multiple complex operational and accounting challenges
- Aptitude for team leadershipinfluencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
- Natural propensity for organization and an aptitude for information technology
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.