Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you looking for that next big Finance opportunity? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Come join Amazon Web Services Finance!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services now widely known as cloud computing based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform. On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
AWS Finance seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to support AWS Productivity Applications, which are some of our newest and coolest services enabling corporate knowledge workers. This position will work closely with senior finance management and key business partners to drive product/service pricing, cost and capital expenditure optimization, financial planning, decision support, and controllership.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead key analytical projects and develop insightful analysis and reporting to support decision-making by business stakeholders.
- Analyze ongoing business performance, operational plans and communicate results to leadership.
- Support financial planning / budgeting /forecasting process and deliverables
- Support modeling efforts for pricing and infrastructure investment decisions
- Partner with various finance and business stakeholders to manage the financial needs of the business
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA)
- Strong financial modeling & analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience and familiarity with SQL, Cognos (TM1), or similar tools a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.