Uber is changing how people think about transportation, part of the logistical fabric of 600+ cities. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, Uber gives people what they want when they want it.
About the Role
Uber Freight is a marketplace built to connect shippers with trucks, much like the way the Uber app connects drivers and riders.
We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world. On the Uber Freight team, we fiercely believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring a more collaborative, efficient, safer and greener solution for companies to procure and execute freight.
As the Head of Digital Brokerage Finance, you will lead a Strategic Finance team responsible for driving growth and profitability in a business that is redefining the movement of goods through technology solutions.
In this role, you will serve as the financial and strategic thought partner for our Digital Brokerage business. Working closely with executive leaders across the organization, you will strategically evaluate new and existing initiatives through a finance lens in order to drive decision making and positive outcomes for the business.
If you’re ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you’ve got the finance skills, passion, and a strong team mentality – read on and get in touch!
What You’ll Do
• Business partnerships: Work closely with business leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making
• Financial planning: You will be the primary point of contact for all things finance and will lead budgeting, forecasting and monthly reporting for the Digital Brokerage business
• Business Analysis: This role involves connecting financial insights to operational results, and the external environment
• Develop the team: Grow and develop your team while partnering across the Strategic Finance to add to our team norms, mission, career paths, and goals
• Special projects: New initiatives always come up, as strengths emerge you will have the ability to lead cross functional projects, including our integration with Transplace
• Innovate: We will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
• BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
• A minimum of 6-8+ years in Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, FP&A, Strategy Consulting
• A minimum of 2+ years of direct people management experience
• Advanced Excel knowledge
• Strong working knowledge of GAAP
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Experience leading complex workstreams
• Systems – working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
• MBA, CFA or CPA
• Technology, Marketplace, or B2B experience
• Advanced financial modeling skills
• Experience applying financial and business judgment to influence strategy