Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need dedicated people committed to creative problem solving and getting things done. If you want to help make history and have fun, Amazon is the place for you.
Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (Corp FP&A) seeks a Financial Analyst to join the Reporting and Financial Insights (RFI) team. This is a unique opportunity to provide input and work on deliverables to the CFO and Investor Relations team with a primary focus on consolidated total Amazon reporting. In addition to reporting on business results and long term planning, this role provides an opportunity to partner with financial systems and other teams on data-driven projects driving product enhancements and financial insights for senior leadership.
Key job responsibilities
- Partnering with other teams to prioritize improvement projects aimed at streamlining processes, increasing the reliability of our reporting, and providing deeper financial insight
- Delivering recommendations through written vision and business requirement documents
- Designing, building, and maintaining standardized and ad-hoc reporting for the consolidated total company financial packages reviewed by the CFO and Senior Leadership Team
- Creating and maintaining insightful reports when explaining monthly and quarterly variances between actuals and plan
- Answering leadership questions by diving deep into Amazon’s chart of accounts and associated financial data
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of Amazon’s data across various financial databases
- Driving process standardization, prioritizing improvements that increase the reliability and efficiency of reporting
- Partnering with tech teams to execute valuable financial systems enhancements
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
- Advanced analytical skills, attention to detail, dealing with ambiguity, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Comfort working with large and complex data sets and presenting findings to senior leadership in a concise and actionable manner
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial reporting for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Experience working in a matrix environment, helping leaders identify strategy, and achieving goals by working across the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills
- Experience with COGNOS is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.