Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
Meta is seeking a dynamic leader to fill the position of Revenue Accounting Manager, Ads. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for growing and managing a team of accounting professionals, in charge of managing the accounting processes of ads revenue and optimizing our month end close operations through programmatic automations. This role will support the Audience Network ads platform business growth and evolution. In this role, you will lead with a large team of cross-functional business partners, engineers, and the broader finance team to develop a deep understanding of the product to ensure compliance with ASC 606 revenue recognition and operational readiness. An independent and critical thinker, you love gleaning insights and learning from data and information, and embrace complexity and changes. You are experienced in moving fast while solving problems in a scalable way. You inspire intellectual curiosity, exercise thoughtful decision making, foster deep collaboration, and lead and influence across functions.
Revenue Accounting Manager, Ads (Team Lead) Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product, Sales, Engineering, and Marketing teams to support new product launches and ongoing business initiatives.
- Analyze new and existing ad products and features including design, performance obligations, and pricing, to provide accounting, risk management support, and ensure operational readiness.
- Partner with Legal, Sales and Deal Desk teams on deal negotiations.
- Manage an accurate and timely month-end close through close collaboration with engineering teams, process improvements, system automations, and innovative analytical reviews.
- Understand upstream ads logging, revenue, and payout systems and partner with internal audit to maintain documentation, working closely with cross functional teams to identify process gaps, develop, implement and maintain controls.
- Ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and internal revenue recognition policies for new and existing ad products. Partner with Technical Accounting to evaluate impact to accounting conclusions from any product changes.
- Coach and grow a team of accounting professionals.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in accounting, including leadership experience in revenue recognition and product accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Industry knowledge of online ads platform and the macro tech industry drivers
- Proven technical accounting background, with a working knowledge of ASC 606
- Understanding of complex products and related revenue accounting implications
- Proven business partnering and collaboration skills
- Experienced in communicating with audiences at multiple levels, experience distilling complex concepts into concise actionable conclusions
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities
- Experience working with databases and SQL across standard commercial databases or equivalent programming/scripting experience
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.