Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
Our broadcasters are the backbone to the Twitch community. Your role will be an essential opportunity to scale our payouts for our broadcasters. Twitch is scaling its operations and your contributions will make a direct impact to our success. We are seeking an experienced individual with both a vision and drive for operational excellence, standardizing processes and implementing best practices. This role will report to the Senior Manager – Original Content. The ability to solve complex problems with a positive, “can-do” attitude is a must. Essential duties and responsibilities will evolve over time, and out the gate are:
• Part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of content-related commitments, assets, liabilities, and expenses.
• Support month-end close including preparing journal entries, reconciliations, flux analysis, and detailed analyses related to content costs.
• Review, process, and document contractual agreements including interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
• Ensure payments are processed by obtaining payment support, ensuring tax compliance, responding to inquiries, and uploading bills to the accounting system.
• Take full ownership of your responsibilities and understand end-to-end processes.
• Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting accounting transformation projects to achieve scalability and efficiency across processes and workflows.
• Work with several partners throughout the world including various content acquisition teams, legal, tax, content finance, accounts payable and vendors.
• Take on ad-hoc requests and own projects in addition to your daily responsibilities.
• 4+ years of accounting experience at a quickly evolving company or public accounting firm.
• Accurate, detailed, and a love for data with advanced spreadsheet skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets and perform complex functions) and unfazed by large datasets.
• Experience with contract reviews (revenue, leases, or other complex documents) and unfazed by high volumes.
• Comfortable in an evolving ecosystem of accounting issues and projects. Can identify and focus work on high risk areas, prioritize, and resolve issues.
• US GAAP and SOX controls expertise and ability to operationalize accounting guidance into policy.
• Curious and enthusiastic – not afraid to ask probing questions and challenge existing processes, to improve processes and own projects, automate manual workflows, and to have fun while doing it all.
• Bachelor’s degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university.
• A CPA license, Big Four public accounting firm experience, and system implementation and integrations.
• Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
• 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
• Flexible PTO
• Commuter Benefits
• Amazon Employee Discount
• Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
• Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
• Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records