The Home Depot
The Home Depot is the world’s largest home improvement retailer.
The Home Depot is able to offer virtual employment of this position in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
The Finance Business Services (FBS) team serves as a strategic and innovative partner focused on supporting business growth, as part of a world-class controllership organization identifying opportunities to increase productivity and improve operational efficiency.
The Senior FBS Analyst is responsible for executing day-to-day activities, advising, and supporting managers across the Record to Report (R2R) tower. This role works with internal teams and external business partners to collect, record, analyze and report on data needed to drive strategic business decisions. Based on the specific FBS team, this role would need foundational skills in one or more processes, such as fixed assets and project accounting, inventory accounting, intercompany accounting, payroll accounting or general accounting.
As a Sr. Analyst, you will be required to understand transactions and processes to help find opportunities on departmental and strategic projects, collaborate with project/product managers, help more junior analysts, and balance your own workload. This role is expected to present continuous improvement insights and recommendations to managers and leaders. In addition, Sr. Analysts will collaborate with cross-functional teams, requiring effective communication skills, and the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 5% Collaboration – Leverages prior experiences to help develop and recommend solutions. Effectively develops trust and collaboration with internal customers and cross-functional teams in other towers. Collaborates with appropriate team members to gather input and feedback concerning business needs. Understands the technical needs required for successfully tackling business problems
- 75% Operational Duties – Execute required tasks related to the delivery of the (PTP, OTC, RTR) tower
Work coordinately with other teams providing or receiving information as needed
Support work that needs to be done with internal or external customers.
Interprets data contained in reports and ledgers
Provides advice and analysis to increase the efficiency and improve the tasks that are done
Supports the work of more junior analysts
Resolves issues and problems related to their job function.
Executes month end / year end processes
Monitor and works towards meeting KPIs and SLAs defined for the area
Assists FBS manager with building and interpreting analysis for providing insights to the business
- 15% Project Management & Team Support – Work with project teams and business partners to complete project goals
Helps prioritize assignments and ensure quality and accuracy of work
- 5% Skill Building & Professional Development – Seek further knowledge on key developments and trends within finance (e.g., analytics, intelligent automation, robotics)
Participate in the continuous improvement of financial shared services processes and tools
Nature and Scope:
- This Position typically reports to Lead Analyst, Manager or Sr. Manager
- This Position has 0 Direct Reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Thorough understanding of accounting and / or finance principles and practices, generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs
- Experience with different innovative technologies like RPA, AI, Machine Learning, and business query & analytics tools is highly desired
- Experience with data analytics / data visualization
- Prior Experience reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strategic mindset, strong analytical, problem solving, and research skills
- Ability to work independently and complete work on schedule within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Nimble Learning
- Cultivates Innovation
- Instills Trust
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Builds Networks
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results