First Republic Bank
First Republic was founded on the belief that a truly differentiated culture is devoted to exceptional client service in the banking industry.
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals within First Republic Investment Management (FRIM), First Republic Securities Company (FRSC), First Republic Trust Company (FRTC), and Foreign Exchange. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Client Service Associate, ideal candidates will act as a liaison between the Wealth Managers, the clients, and Private Wealth Management middle office and operations teams. This position requires strong relationship management skills, acute attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and a client centric mindset to provide outstanding service to both internal and external clients. As a member of a multi-person team, the ability to work well within the team and communicate openly is of particular value.
What you’ll do as a Client Service Associate:
– Provide sales and service support (i.e., create, review and distribute various client reports and presentations or assist with client events); may be for current clients or prospects.
– Interact with clients to address or best direct questions and inquiries. Responsible for client retention and day-to-day client satisfaction.
– Assist with phone calls to prospects and clients, schedule all client-related appointments, coordinate client mailings/invitations to company events.
– Provide general administrative support such as managing logistics and refreshments for meetings, answering incoming telephone calls, managing incoming emails/faxes, filing, submitting business expense requests, schedule appointments and distributing mail.
– Own client onboarding and ongoing lifecycle related activities (new account opening, account maintenance, disbursements, etc.).
– Place equity, mutual fund and fixed income trades.
– Research and reconcile performance returns not in line with benchmarks.
– Collaborate with Wealth Managers and the Client Service team on ad-hoc projects.
– Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
– Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
– Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
– BS/BA degree in Business, Finance or related field, or equivalent experience
– Series 7 and 66 Licenses, or ability to obtain within 6 months if trading is required for the position
– Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize information
– Strong presentation skills; comfortable speaking in front of clients and potential clients
– Proven self-starter with the ability to think and work autonomously
– Effective prioritization capabilities
– Team player willing to help and learn from others
– Excellent written and verbal skills with careful attention to detail
– Proficient in Microsoft office applications with an intermediate to expert skill level in Excel and PPT
Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career – apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability – that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.