Baker Tilly is a full-service accounting and advisory firm.
Are you looking for an accounting role to launch your career?
Do you want to work with privately held and publicly traded companies that occupy all stages of development?
As an Audit Associate at Baker Tilly (BT), you will be a value architect delivering audit and other assurance services to clients. As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT offers you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
You will enjoy this role if you:
- Desire to become a trusted business advisor, working face-to-face with clients to find creative solutions to complex accounting and business challenges
- Want to work for a leading CPA advisory firm whose owners have both their clients’ and employees’ best interests in mind and are transparent in their decisions
- Value your development and want to work for a firm that provides a great work environment (ask us about My Time Off, My Development and Dress for Your Day!)
- Want to grow professionally and develop your client service and technical accounting skills to build a career with endless opportunities now, for tomorrow
You will have the opportunity to:
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various assurance and consulting services:
- Proactively engage with your clients throughout the year to gather needed information to complete testing and respond to questions raised
- Perform substantive testing on client’s balance sheets and income statements
- Test for deficiencies of internal controls and discussing recommendations for improvement
- Learn and grow from direct on-the-job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients
- Build friendships and strong work relationships while gaining valuable experience
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting or a related degree in business, with sufficient course work and credits to sit for the CPA exam in the state you are being considered
- Outstanding academic performance required, with a preferred GPA of 3.0 or above
- Relevant internship, work experience and/or involvement with a professional organization
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of time management, communication, interpersonal skills, relationship building, collaboration, and problem solving
- Organizational and analytical skills, initiative, adaptability
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world’s leading financial centers – New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly’s roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.