At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will assist in analyzing business transactions and financial information to determine and maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, and other financial activities.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Finance Shared Services – Accounting – Associate role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Gather, document, and maintain financial information from relevant finance and accounting sources.
- Analyze business and financial information to determine appropriate accounting treatment and record results with support from team and manager.
- Develop reports to document assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, and/or other financial results.
- Analyze financial results to ensure accuracy and support business decisions.
- Execute accounting and financial operations processes and related controls.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Skilled in the integrated management of main business processes with the help of ERP technology like SAP ERP, Business Objects, or PeopleSoft
- The group of skills related to Operational Excellence including improving and overseeing operations
- The group of skills related to Governance and Compliance including creating policies, evaluating compliance, conducting internal investigations, developing data governance, etc.
- Determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective action
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to ensure successful project completion
- The group of skills related to Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
- The group of skills related to Relationship Management including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- The group of skills related to Business Insight including advising, designing business models, interpreting customer and market insights, forecasting, benchmarking, etc.
- Experience evaluating businesses, projects, budgets, and other financial entities or instruments to determine viability, stability, and performance
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- The group of skills related to Communication including communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- The group of skills related to Programming including coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- Skilled in creating and managing databases with the use of relevant software such as MySQL, Hadoop, or MongoDB
- Skilled in the graphical representation of information in the form of a charts, diagrams, pictures, and dashboards with programs and tools such as Excel, Tableau, or Power BI
- Skilled in documentation and database reporting for the purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making with the use of relevant software such as Crystal Reports, Excel, or SSRS
- Experience forecasting, predicting, and monitoring financials with a focus on ratios, equities, and debts
In response to COVID-19, Fannie Mae has adapted ourworkplace and hiring processesto better safeguard our employees, candidates, and new hires.We understand that this is an unprecedented situation and Fannie Mae is committed to creating protocols for these processes that are agile and conform with federal, state, and local health administration guidance. While the company’s operating status for on-site work is currently voluntary, the majority of Fannie Mae’s workforce is remote until further notice. We continue to conduct all interviews and onboarding virtually. In addition, all employees who wish to come on site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and enter their vaccination information into a confidential HR system before arriving at the facility, unless they have an approved accommodation.Click hereto go directly to information about accommodations.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.