Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to play a critical role in Prime Video, as a finance partner for the Prime Video and Amazon Originals Marketing team. This is a high-visibility role, with the potential to have a large impact on business strategy and tactics, and a clear path for career growth. The role will support multiple senior marketing business leaders, with broad scope and autonomy. This position requires the ability to work cross-functionally and develop new solutions as the business continues to grow. It will require close business partnership on strategy, operations and budgeting. The right individual will have exceptional finance skills, strong understanding of Finance & Accounting principles, solid analytical skills, firm business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results, and an ability to influence and earn trust will senior leaders.
This is a perfect fit for someone who knows how to work fast and smart. Who is comfortable with the ambiguity and complexity of creative teams. Who is excited about streaming entertainment and a finance role that works closely with business partner teams. You know how to avoid sticky predicaments, and you are good about avoiding the mess, sooner rather than later. You know how to find details that make all the difference, and which ones don’t add value. You know the difference between spending time wisely and wasting time.
• Work directly with the marketing team to deliver cost-effective marketing campaigns
• Drive cost-out initiatives as well as facilitate execution of big innovative ideas
• Quarterly, Annual and ad-hoc budget planning and forecasting
• Supporting the design, implementation and maintenance of systems that lead to increased controllership around marketing spend
This role is open to Culver City, CA, Seattle, WA, or New York City, NY.
Key job responsibilities
• Work directly with key marketing leaders and their teams to deliver cost-effective, world-class marketing campaigns
• Develop innovative ways to understand and plan marketing spend across several new areas, such as influencer marketing and social media marketing.
• Facilitate execution of big innovative ideas, while also driving cost-out initiatives
• Help shape and deliver metrics and insights that improve business and finance outcomes
• Support the design, implementation and maintenance of systems that lead to increased controllership around marketing spend
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias and a minimum 5 years of finance experience
• MBA or Masters in quantitative field
• Prior experience in media/entertainment, tech, or investment banking is preferred
• Demonstrated financial and/or analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
• Solid experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and a demonstrated strong sense of business management; proven ability to develop new ideas and ability to deliver solutions
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
• Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos)
• Adept in excel (beyond basic sumifs, vlookup)
• Willingness to pickup new reporting tools quickly if not already familiar with them
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.