Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the market leader in cloud infrastructure and services, supporting hundreds of thousands of customers of all sizes. In AWS Finance, you will work with diverse, collaborative, and driven people who believe financial partnership is critical to customer success. The growth of AWS and scope of Amazon’s business create opportunities to grow your career and broaden experience in any direction you choose. As a pioneer in cloud services, AWS lets you apply data, creativity, and analytical ability to completely new challenges and opportunities. This is a chance to work hard, have fun, and make history.
Amazon is seeking a Financial Analyst to partner with our business leaders to drive our investment strategy and develop controllership mechanisms in the Border Network Engineering space, which connects AWS Data Centers to each other and to customers around the world. The role sits within AWS Network finance and works across the Infrastructure Finance organization with an opportunity to learn about how AWS is making investments in our data centers, and to connect regions globally. The successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively, partner with business and finance stakeholders, manage multiple and time sensitive deliverables, and deliver process improvements.
This role’s responsibilities include:
- Partner with business and finance leads to develop strategy, and planning for investments in how we connect data centers and regions and to the internet.
- Lead month-end processes to track capital expenditure of multiple border networking teams helping business and finance leads understand and optimize their spend.
- Develop NPV models for networking initiatives to guide our long-term investments
- Plan future capex that efficiently supports internal and external customer demands
- Drive automation projects that simplify planning and reporting
- Collaborate with finance and business teams across AWS to support reporting to senior leadership and improve the actionability of our capex reporting.
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
- BA/BS in finance, accounting, business, or related field
- Prior FP&A experience in a global, multi-layered organization
- Strong financial acumen including advanced accounting knowledge and experience with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Cognos/TM1 skills and ability to quickly learn other proprietary Amazon systems
- High attention to detail, comfort with ambiguity, and an ability to work independently with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience performing financial and ad hoc analyses and providing recommendations to management based on results
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills and experience working with and presenting to senior executives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.