Riskified is a leading e-commerce fraud prevention company, trusted by hundreds of global brands—from luxury fashion houses and retail chains to gift card and ticket marketplaces.
Riskified empowers merchants and shoppers to realize the full potential of eCommerce by making it safe, accessible, and frictionless. Our global team helps the world’s most-innovative eCommerce merchants eliminate risk and uncertainty from their business. Merchants integrate Riskified’s machine learning platform to create trusted customer relationships, driving higher sales while reducing costs. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for global brands and fast-growing businesses across industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, Gucci, and many more. As of July 29th, 2021, Riskified has begun trading on NYSE under the ticker RSKD.
About the Role
Riskified’s Finance team is hiring an Assistant Finance Controller to join our site in Shanghai.
In this role, you will be responsible for building controls and accounting infrastructure to support the company’s rapid growth and expansion in APAC. This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful and growing company and work on various aspects of the financial world, such as financial reporting, billing, payables, general ledger close, and financial projections and modeling.
We’re looking for an all-rounder, technically oriented, and highly motivated person who wants to join a dynamic, cross-functional team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support day-to-day aspects of accounting (payroll, payable, AR, tax, monthly closing, etc.)
- Assist in the preparation of various analyses (MoM, QoQ, YoY, VBA, etc)
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit
- Help in the development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Identifying solutions to discrepancies in financial records
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports
- All duties within the Finance function and other supporting functions and any ad hoc assignment from management
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and establish best practices
- Support the company’s global expansion within APAC
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting – Must
- 5+ years of accounting experience in the financial fields– Must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin- Must
- Working knowledge with a well known ERP
- Prior experience in shared service overseeing GL or in charge of full P&L for small to medium entities – big advantage
- Energetic, proactive with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to work well in a team, multi-task, be hands-on, accountable, and have strong communication skills across the organization and counterparts
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic tech company with 750+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some of our Shanghai Benefits & Perks:
- Business Medical Insurance
- 11 paid holidays per year, 18 paid vacation days, and additional paid days for life events and special occasions
- Reimbursement for gyms, fitness facilities, classes, or other qualified expenses
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact in local communities
- Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, skills-based courses, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Company outings, team events, special happy hours
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, catered lunch, lunch stipend, weekly happy hours
In The News