Baker Tilly is a full-service accounting and advisory firm.
Seize the opportunity to jumpstart your career at Baker Tilly! In this role, you’ll have the chance to work directly within the Construction and Real Estate industries, while providing services to the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) at its headquarters in Springfield, IL. You will go beyond traditional audit and advisory services by ensuring quality compliance and conduct investigation for one of the most effective and largest transportation systems in the nation.
In this position, you’ll earn excellent experience, while maintaining a strong work-life balance working Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Among nationwide CPA firms, Baker Tilly is valued as a trusted business advisor and one of the three top providers of single audits under Uniform Guidance. Begin your career with a firm that has a proven track record of leading expertise in the area!
- Provide best in-class accounting and financial reporting support services to the Illinois Department of Transportation under regular supervision and with an emphasis on being responsive, timely, professional, and accurate
- Provide accounting related services as requested by the client, including but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, account reconciliation, journal entries, tax returns, general ledger and monthly, quarterly and year end reporting
- Prepare client statements and reports for next level review
- Meet client service expectations through adhering to quality and timely client deliverables, and meeting time budget expectations
- Support the team where needed in accomplishing client deliverables
- Maintain workpaper organization
- Expand knowledge base of accounting principles and practices
- Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients
- Associates Degree in Accounting with 1-3 years of accounting experience
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above preferred
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative and adaptability
- Highly developed Microsoft Suite skills
- Be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world’s leading financial centers – New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly’s roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.