At Walmart, we save people money so they can live better.
What you’ll do…
The Walmart E3 Strategic Finance Leadership Development Program is a highly competitive opportunity within the Finance organization, specifically targeting MBA students from select universities who aspire to work on some of the most challenging, innovative, and impactful projects Walmart has to offer.
You will have the opportunity to play a role in the biggest transition happening in retail (and beyond) right now. We are leaning into digital innovation and rapidly transforming our company from the largest brick & mortar retailer into a true omnichannel experience provider, delivering goods and services to our customers whenever, wherever, and however they want them.
From day one, you will have the opportunity to influence decisions at the Fortune 1 Company. Our ongoing transformation ensures countless challenging projects to tackle, strategies to reshape, and changes to manage.
The E3 Program is a rotational leadership development program designed to accelerate the careers of our associates as they grow into roles as future leaders in Walmart Finance. Participants exit the E3 Program in 12-18 months, typically with a promotion and the ability to influence what team they join next. We are seeking MBAs with a track record of high performance, diverse skills, and professional experience in finance, quantitative, or strategic roles.
- Experience: Participants choose two or three six-month rotations among opportunities in each of Walmart’s operating segments (Walmart U.S., Sam’s Club, International, and Corporate). These include teams such as: Omnichannel Strategic Finance; Corporate Development/M&A; Merchandise Finance; International FP&A; Financial Services; Health & Wellness; Digital Transformation; and Corporate Strategy.
- Exposure: The program offers a collaborative environment that facilitates frequent access to senior leadership, executive roundtables, and E3-only experiences across our Stores, Clubs and Supply Chain.
- Education: Mentoring; ongoing technical skill development and individual coaching; and exclusive training programming created for E3 Program participants.
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program at the time of application and graduated prior to start date
- 3-5+ years of industry or military work experience
You will fit in great if you…
- Can excel at both high-level strategic thinking and detailed execution
- Use data as the background for solving complex problems
- Are successful at influencing others and leading teams
- Have proven ability to manage multiple, contending priorities simultaneously
- Have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself, your managers, and associates to meet it.
- Don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper and you have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Enjoy working with numbers and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions.
- Have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Like adventures and taking risks.
- See value in long-term thinking and large-scale impact to a company.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field. 3 years experience in finance, quantitative, or strategic roles.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America