GE Power is a world energy leader providing equipment, solutions and services across the energy value chain from generation to consumption.
Job Description Summary
The Project & Finance Analyst/Manager will be the key leader and liaison between the business and IT by providing production support and implementing business process improvement through process definition, configuration of and enhancements in the company’s core ERP: Oracle R12 E-business Suite application’s finance and project accounting modules. The candidate will implement, analyze, develop, maintain and modify Project Accounting, Project Costing, GL, AR, AP, Fixed Asset, Cash Management and project manufacturing solutions. This is a unique opportunity as we are beginning to build a robust ERP system, a core repairs’ management system as well as a new business Intelligence platform. This role will be crucial to support business functions. It will require working closely with cross functional team members to understand and shape the overall business system landscape.
- Be the ERP Workstream lead for: Oracle Project Accounting, Project Costing, GL, AR, AP, Fixed Asset, Cash Management and Project Manufacturing
- Work with business functions to gather requirements to document functional specifications and process flows
- Work with internal Supply Chain & finance partners to understand and review the feasibility of business requirements
- Gather business requirements for enhancements, customizations and develop technical requirement documents
- Consult ERP DT Leader on ERP “best practices” process implementation and drive end-to-end process implementation or improvements initiatives (design, test & deploy).
- Responsible for gap analysis of functional flows, provide solution design, perform demo for the Gaps solution from standard solution sets as well customized solutions.
- Learn & Develop proficiency with the supply chain modules of Oracle E-business Suite and other tools used with ERP
- Provide L1 and L2 end user support from root cause analysis through resolution with both onsite and offshore support resources
- Promote user adoption by facilitating user acceptance testing and training
- Responsible for proactive action regarding updates, including researching known issues, testing key processes, and educating business SMEs/BPOs on existing or new ERP functionality
- Work with management and business users to identify report gaps, design report specifications, and test developed reports
- Identify opportunities for improvements and enhancements to maximize the use of Oracle throughout the organization
- Plan, create, and execute detailed task list based on high-level goals and objectives
- Participate in providing solutions for daily production issues or for any other maintenance activities which might also involve change management process
- Test and document code updates. This includes unit testing, component integration testing, system integration testing, performance testing, capacity testing and quality reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or Information Systems related fields (Master’s in science or business, preferred)
- 5+ years of related business and/or IT experience
- 4+ years of business analyst experience
- 3+ years of Oracle EBS or other ERP experience
- At least 1 Full Cycle ERP implementation experience
- Expertise in Process Design and Architecture in Project Accounting
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Understanding of IT Change Management practices and ERP Life Cycle Management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Oracle GL, AR, AP, Fixed Asset, Cash Management, Project Accounting, Project Costing and Project Manufacturing (Must have)
- PL/SQL and SQL development
- Knowledge of Web Service Integration architecture
- Knowledge/experience of Oracle ERP Integration capabilities
- Knowledge of Cloud integration middleware products such as: Dell-Boomi, Mulesoft etc.
- Knowledge of the Security architecture (roles, privileges, hierarchy, etc.)
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No