BlackRock is a global investment firm, trusted to manage more assets than any other.
About this role
The Investment Accounting Reconciliation Team is a dedicated group of professionals who ensure that all BlackRock cash & position data are accurate for critical processes including investment management, analytics, compliance, and regulatory. Cash & Position types include, but are not limited to, equities, fixed income, OTC derivative positions (swaps, swaptions, FXs, and synthetics) and collateral. We provide information services and solutions in supporting this business. The roles and responsibilities will include actively handling risk and exposure for BlackRock by ensuring the investment book of record is reconciled with the custodian, manager, client and/or prime record holders daily. The role requires an understanding of the mechanics of the reconciliation process, exception management, troubleshooting issues, driving innovative enhancements, data analysis, maintaining documentation, assisting management in leading processes, and recommending improvements to ensure efficient and accurate processes.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Completing day to day assigned tasks; including, control reports, cash and position break resolution, inbox and dashboard monitoring, client and portfolio data maintenance, and daily subscription/redemption activity.
- We provide high quality client service externally and internally. Address inquiries, perform controls, resolve problems, and mitigate risks for clients and internal BlackRock partners.
- Preparing, and/or reviewing reconciliations between BlackRock, Asset Manager, and Custodian Bank. Includes researching differences and resolving them in a timely and accurate manner
- Performing ongoing maintenance of the existing accounts to reflect client or account level changes.
- We work with external service providers, internal team members and other BlackRock groups to resolve issues, as identified.
- Assisting in special projects and initiatives to improve the service offering.
- Enjoy developing strong internal & external relationships, with a focus on partnership & client service.
- Constantly evaluate process and procedures for inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvement. Act as a change-management agent to consistently improve the quality control environment and develop standard methodologies.
- Raising all material risk items and service issues on a timely basis.
- Coaching and mentoring of team members to encourage high individual performance and service standards.
- Able to demonstrate ability to self-improve and develop. Understand the impact of cash on upstream and downstream partners.
- The ability to prioritize and balance multiple requests without losing sight of our overall objectives.
- You possess strong decision-making skills to make well-thought-out decisions based on the information provided and to obtain further assistance/clarification when vital.
- You are able to multi-task and perform in a dedication, high demand environment.
- Ability to take the initiative to follow up on issues – identify what needs to be done and take action.
- Ability to multi-task, balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and evolving team.
- You are organized and detail oriented with strong time management skills.
- Ability to work in a sophisticated and team oriented environment and quickly adapt to a constantly evolving business.
- Contributor to the leadership team ensuring appropriate staffing model, depth charts and succession plans are assessed across the location.
- Have social skills to effectively articulate solutions to internal and external partners.
- Capability to assist in creating a team vision, planning and implementing steps to ensure a consistently robust team.
- Thrive in a team environment and build strong relationships with colleagues and external contacts such as custodians, counterparties and other third-party providers.
- Strong understanding of equity and fixed income securities and derivative products.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and have the skills for learning new applications.
- A four-year degree is required in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, or Economics
- Understanding upstream processes impactful to the reconciliation and develop ability to correlate the effect of change
- Flexible and open to accepting new challenges; able to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects at a time in a complex, demanding and constantly evolving environment while maintaining the highest standard and attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.