Airbnb is a community marketplace for unique spaces, connecting people who have space to spare with those looking for a place to stay.
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
We are looking for a Principal, Technical Accounting, who will report to the Head of SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting. This role will partner with the business in evaluating the accounting and financial reporting of transactions and emerging business models.
The role requires a technical accounting, and SEC and financial reporting background and demonstrated experience navigating independently through complex business matters to support transactions and services across multiple organizations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead technical research and evaluation in a variety of complex areas including: acquisition and equity investment agreements; lease agreements; equity and debt arrangements; new product launches; and the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of technical guidance contemplated by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission and and other governing bodies
- Responsible for technical accounting memos and conclusions including review and approval by management and the Company’s independent auditor
- Collaborate with members of the global accounting team on writing and maintaining accounting policies
- Assist with co-sourced internal audit model through review of design and operation of controls
Requirements & Qualifications
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification preferred
- Ideal candidate will have at least 8 years experience, preferably a mix of public company and public accounting experience, with a minimum of five years of industry or direct client experience with a public, multinational organization
- Prior experience evaluating and concluding on complex accounting and financial reporting issues
- Attention to detail
- Self starter, comfort working independently and proactively engaging and assisting non-financial colleagues on emerging business and complex transactions
- Outstanding communication skills (Oral, listening and writing) with the ability to form conclusions and present findings to senior leaders
The starting base pay for this role is between $150,000 and $185,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.