Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s International Consumer Finance (ICF) organization is seeking an exceptionally bright, motivated, and team-oriented individual to support the finance leaders across ICF and provide secondary support to the ICF VP. In this role you will be joining a diverse and supportive EA community providing a unique opportunity to develop your administrative skills and experience and to help other EAs do the same. This is a fun and rewarding opportunity in an International organization.
This fast-paced, challenging role requires an individual with flexibility, good judgment, strong backbone, consistent character, and the ability to pay close attention to details while getting things done under tight timelines. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior leaders globally is critical, as is a good sense of humor. A proven track record of effective time management, taking initiative, working independently, delivering results, and exceeding expectations is important. We are looking for someone who learns quickly, is self-driven, and adapts to changing circumstances with grace.
The most successful candidate will be an effective verbal and written communicator, possess the ability to complete complex tasks quickly with minimal guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture. Understanding basic company organization, working relationships, and business partner roles and responsibilities for this team is important as this position will work closely with multiple geographies and the rest of the company. The candidate should also be able to seamlessly work across multiple teams, addressing the varying needs and work styles of the executives this role supports. This role has opportunity to work on high-impact projects across the larger International Consumer Finance team.
Key job responsibilities
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements for multiple executives in multiple locations
• Management of team space, including new hire allocation, team moves and reconfigurations;
• Coordination and planning of domestic and international travel
• Completing expense reports, purchase orders, and managing corporate card purchases; participation in budget planning and tracking as needed
• Tracking and helping to drive completion of key deliverables, following up on outstanding items
• Acting as a liaison for team members across the globe
• Planning and coordinating team activities and events
• Maintaining and archiving of department data on appropriate sites and platforms
• Managing other core administrative activities (new-hire onboarding, organizational charts, supply ordering)
- 2+ years of work experience assisting at the executive level in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience assisting at the executive level is highly preferred
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Event and team morale planning experience
- New hire on-boarding and team space planning experience
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team
- Must demonstrate passion, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor in the role
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines
- Strong organizational and communication skills, team orientated philosophy, and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituent groups such as senior management, peers, and outside vendors
- Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to build a strong internal network
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment.
- Experience with domestic and/or international travel coordination
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.