- Content Strategist V at META - Menlo Park, CA
- Content Strategist III At Meta - Menlo Park, CA
- Executive Administrative Partner - Enterprise Engineering, Office of the CIO - Menlo Park, CA
- Visiting Researcher, PyTorch Distributed - Menlo Park, CA
- Research Scientist - Menlo Park, CA
Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
Meta is seeking a dynamic leader to fill the position of Revenue Accounting Manager, Ads. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for managing risks to revenue recognition inherent with product change and innovation. This is a newly formed role on the Revenue Operations & Controllership team to support the ads business growth and evolution. In this role, you will partner closely with a large team of cross-functional business partners in product, engineering, and finance to develop a deep understanding of the product and ensure compliance with ASC 606 revenue recognition. An independent and critical thinker, you love gleaning insights and learning from trends and information, exhibiting intellectual curiosity and thoughtful decision making. You combine business acumen and technical accounting knowledge to foster deep collaboration and provide sound advice to your business partners.
Revenue Accounting Manager, Ads Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product, Partnership, Engineering, Marketing & Comms, Legal, and Sales to support new product launches and ongoing business initiatives.
- Analyze new and existing ad products and features including design, performance obligations, and pricing, to provide accounting and risk management support. Partner with the broader controllership team to ensure operational readiness.
- Ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and internal revenue recognition policies for new and existing ad products. Partner with Technical Accounting to evaluate impact to accounting conclusions from any product changes.
- Partner with deal desk and sales leadership to ensure SOX compliance of the contracting process, focus on mitigating risk and vetting accounting implications.
- Build and sustain relationships with product and engineering business partners.
- Develop and maintain in-depth understanding of upstream ads logging, revenue systems, and related controls.
- Document relevant accounting conclusions.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in accounting, including experience in revenue recognition and product accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Working industry knowledge of online ads platform and the macro tech industry drivers
- Technical accounting background, with a working knowledge of ASC 606
- Experience understanding complex products and related revenue accounting implications
- Business partnering and collaboration skills
- Problem-framing and problem-structuring skills, and experience communicating insights
- Experienced in communicating with audiences at multiple levels, experience distilling complex concepts into concise actionable conclusions
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities
- Experience in business analytics, data analysis, data visualization, and working with spreadsheet software, SQL, Python or similar tools
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.