This role is responsible for handling a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions including the support of the general ledger month-end close, account reconciliations and various department initiatives. The successful candidate should have strong technical accounting and interpersonal skills, be highly organized with good attention to detail and produces quality work.
- Ensure deadlines for month-end close and financial reporting requirements are met and all accounting and reporting activities are performed in accordance with the accounting policies and/or the financial procedures of the organization. Prepare general ledger entries as needed to ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial results.
- Compare actual results to forecast and investigate/explain variances, identify unusual transactions and verify adequacy of reserves and accruals.
- Monitor and support the business by driving and assisting in contract compliance functions and supporting business initiatives.
- Review executed contracts/amendments to validate financial systems are set up appropriately.
- Collaborate with Finance, Legal and operational teams to resolve contract documentation.
- Assist with managing and timely execution of project tasks.
- Maintain and monitor applicable SOX controls and provides associated support to the internal and external auditors. Participate in testing for SOX processes to ensure that accounting controls are operating effectively.
This location requires all individuals working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 1-2 years of relevant experience in an accounting function.
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills.
- Ability to perform complex accounting tasks and functions.
- Strong organization & communication skills, flexibility, multi-tasking and good business judgment are all required to meet strict deadlines and manage project-based tasks.
- Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of financial, functional, and operational personnel.
- Must be a team player, eager to learn, highly motivated, and able to work under pressure during peak periods.
- Ability to work independently (with limited supervision) and possess the initiative to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Strong Excel skills are required.
- Experience with and knowledge of ERP accounting software, and all Microsoft Office applications is required. Oracle experience preferred.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.