UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
About the Role:
This role will be part of a financial reporting team, providing key capabilities across the European Reporting Function. They will be responsible for supporting the execution of strategic objectives as we grow and evolve. This involves assessing current processes, determine best practice, standardise, simplify and digitalise / automate. The successful candidate will contribute significantly to growth over the next few years.
Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities to produce financial statements, regulatory returns and reports. Performs account reconciliations and analyses, prepares journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles, US GAAP, Local GAAP and Solvency II. Analyses and prepares financial statements and regulatory returns, including balance sheets and statements of financial position. Involved in the monthly/quarterly “close” process. Supports and leads execution of external and internal audits.
Your remit in the Manager of Accounting position will include:
- Preparation of Solvency II quarterly and annual regulatory reporting
- Developing and managing regulatory reporting for a new UK branch of the Irish Insurance entity
- Implementation and delivery of any local regulatory/local partner reporting requirements
- Supporting the preparation of the annual financial statements, ensuring balance sheet accuracy and compliance with all relevant regulations and accounting standards
- Fulfilling all Group monthly reporting requirements on a timely basis. Develop, implement, and maintain processes and procedures for accurate and timely analysis of financial and operational data, ensuring best practice
- Focus on improving data quality and optimisation of processes
- Qualified accountant with substantial PQE in insurance, ideally non-life
- Strong knowledge of the Solvency II regulatory reporting requirements
- A strong technical accounting background, detail focussed with strong analytical skills, including experience of aggregating and analysing information
- Excellent IT skills e.g. Excel, BI tools
- Experience working with remote & virtual teams within a large matrix organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Please note you must currently be eligible to work without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we’re doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we’re building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we’re looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant – and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.