Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The AWS Accounts Receivable team is seeking a self-driven Senior Finance Analyst with a strong owner’s mindset, relentless customer advocacy, and frontline obsession to join the global FinOps AR controllership team for AWS.
The Senior Finance Analyst will be responsible for executing projects and analyses to support our controllership framework to identify and assess risks, evaluate control effectiveness, partnering with service center and tech teams to ensure adequate controls are implemented for systems or tools to mitigate risks and address control gaps. In this role, you will collaborate and work closely with various stakeholders across the company, such as Finance, Legal, Accounting, and the FORI team. A key responsibility is to understand our processes and projects so as to anticipate emerging risks and preemptively design mechanisms to avoid it.
The ideal candidate has the ability to deep dive complex system design, data flows and related business processes. You identify and solve complex issues and collaborate with stakeholders on resolution, insisting on the highest standards. You identify the need for improved controls to address risk and proactively propose control solutions. You develop and execute data analysis processes that are scalable and auditable. You have a demonstrated ability to deliver multiple, high priority projects; managing numerous stakeholders including influencing without authority; developing robust project documentation; defining and executing communication and change management plans; evaluating control effectiveness; understanding both project and enterprise risks and how to address them. You have the ability to analyze data and identify patterns, draw conclusions, and leverage risk management concepts to prioritize remediation efforts.
This is an individual contributor role that will count with execution support from a dotted line organization, including analysts and support staff of ~400 across the globe. This Senior Finance Analyst must be strategic and detail oriented, have strong accounting and finance skills, robust interpersonal and influencing skills (this role will have frequent communication with senior leadership), strong organizational and project management skills.
- Perform application deep dives to understand end to end system workflows, upstream and downstream dependencies, and related business processes
- Conduct risk assessments and control evaluations to identify gaps and provide remediation recommendations to process owners.
- Ensure follow through on control plans and assist with maintenance, review, and update of SOPs and controls.
- Assess and surface risks
- Contribute to the development of training materials to increase risk awareness across AWS AR.
- Collaborate and work closely with various stakeholders across the company to stay informed on emerging risks and remedial action.
- Manage select ad-hoc projects to drive further understanding of the process and business
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- Minimum of 5 years in accounting/finance/audit/internal controls/project management experience
- Experience in finance operations, with preference on Order-to-Cash
- Excellent analytical skills
- BS/BA degree
- MBA, CMA or CPA
- Proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and driving results; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize work, and coordinate across functional teams
- Highly detailed driven with emphasis on growth and operations at scale, together with the ability to manage the immediate, short and long term concurrently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be comfortable engaging with executive management.
- Experience in Accounts Receivable within large organizations
- Program management experience in Finance programs in a high tech organization or in a consulting firm.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.