Protective Life offers insurance and investment products to help customers protect their futures.
- Review and approve reconciliations in Trecs and Certification to ensure the work is performed accurately and timely.
- Maintain proper internal controls around the reconciliation process and policies and procedures.
- Research daily issues, identify out of balances items, and communicate with internal customers. Research will include working in financial systems to pull information and reports as needed. Accounting manager will need to become proficient in SAP.
- Perform complex account reconciliations. Prepare and/or approve journal entries.
- Monitor out of standard reconciling items, prepare reports and resolution plans for the Director of the team.
- Participate in development and roll-out of end-user training for all systems listed above.
- Develop and lead the recon analysts by setting challenging goals, cross-training and development. Provide support for daily tasks and activities.
- Serve as an accounting resource for the Bank Reconciliation Manager and Team.
- Handle internal and external audit requests.
- Continually look for and implement business process improvement opportunities.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of Accounting or Finance experience with a concentration in Reconciliation
- Prefer 3 years of Management/Supervisory experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Solid organizational skills to meet service objectives despite complexities of work
- Ability to acquire new skills and adapt quickly
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Excellent computer skills with in-depth knowledge of Excel.
- SAP experience
- Experience working with a reconciliation system
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, make decisions and interact with all levels of management and regulatory agencies, and work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and take responsibility for ongoing professional development