Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you looking for the next big Finance opportunity? Looking for a business partnering role with P&L responsibility? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing?
Join us at AWS Finance and be part of the S3 Revenue finance team!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services now widely known as cloud computing based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform. On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
AWS Finance seeks a Financial Analyst to support AWS S3 and Glacier Services. This position will work closely with key business partners across AWS and other Amazon organizations to drive thoughtful planning, analysis, decision support, and controllership for future investment.
- Taking the lead in overseeing S3 and Glacier external customer usage and revenue, including month-end reporting, annual planning and ad-hoc analysis;
- Partner with the Sales organization and the Service team in developing short and long range financial forecasts to support OP1 and OP2
- Partner with S3 and Glacier product management team and provide financial support for pricing decisions including public prices and private deal negotiations.
- Developing and standardizing monthly and annual reports, compile and review results and communicate to company leaders.
- Working on ad hoc financial analyses and projects to analyze customer demand patterns.
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, problem solving skills, keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. This role has regular interaction with various business leaders in AWS and requires strong communication and people skills.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) and a minimum 3 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be comfortable working in cross functional teams
- Ability to work across all levels of management
- Exceptional analytic skills and a demonstrated ability to build financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Experience performing financial and ad hoc analyses using advanced Excel functionality and providing recommendations based on results to senior management for strategic decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Cognos/TM1 and experience using SQL a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.