Abnormal Security is the highest precision cybersecurity engine for all email attacks, built to grow people and technology at 10x levels.
Abnormal is seeking a dynamic, hard-working Senior Financial Analyst with the ability to think creatively, be proactive & make clear-well reasoned decisions. Long-term success will give them opportunities to own dedicated areas of the business & become a leader in the strategic finance function.
Who you are:
- Dynamic, hard-working Senior Financial Analyst with the ability to think creatively, be proactive & make clear-well reasoned decisions.
- Prior experience in a high-growth environment & the ability to succeed in ambiguity.
- Background working in SaaS, preferably in a start-up through IPO experience and/or experience in a strategic finance role.
- Experience in driving scale for technology businesses, have an appetite for digging into the unknown & solve gaps within the existing processes, infrastructure and partnerships.
What you’ll do:
- Building/Operating new Financial Models for the company. We are at the beginning of our evolution & need hands-on “builders”
- Manage strategic planning processes. This includes business modeling & forecasting that will help shape our P&L forecasting cadence
- Being a major contributor to creating and driving a world-class financial planning cadence
- Tracking & managing headcount reports as a key partner for the recruiting team
- Partner with Sales leadership, focused on Sales Incentive Plans
- Engage with Product leadership to build insights into customer usage & work with Director of Finance to build weekly reports
- Run ad-hoc analyses & deep dives into strategic issues to improve understanding business risks & opportunities
- Advanced spreadsheet skills with experience creating financial/operating models from scratch
- Drive continual process improvements and recurring deliverables
- Play a key role supporting capital markets and M&A decisions
Experience you’ll need:
- 3 to 6+ years professional experience with 1) extensive budgeting/forecasting, growth analysis, and financial modeling experience and 2) experience in technology or digital industries
- Ability to adapt to ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to communicate analysis & solutions to senior leaders
- Experience working with spreadsheet software & other databases, as well as standard finance and ERP related systems
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills — robust modeling & quantitative background required
- High attention to detail, comfort with ambiguity, and an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- SQL or programming skills a nice-to-have
More About Abnormal Security:
Abnormal Security is defining the next generation of email security defense. Our platform uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to baseline communication content, user identity, and behavioral signals in real-time and at-scale in order to detect the abnormalities of email attacks. Customers love us because we consistently detect and stop what everyone else in the market can’t — advanced attacks that have never been seen before — and we do so with beautiful user interfaces and best-in-industry customer support.
Our veteran team has built some of the most enduring machine learning platforms at leading companies including Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, Microsoft, and Expanse. We are located in San Francisco,CA, New York, NY and Lehi, UT.
Abnormal Security is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status