You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
Who We Are?
Our purpose, values and behaviors are the core of BNY Mellon’s culture. We are committed to weaving these words into a dynamic story of growth.
With nearly 50,000 innovative minds working together in 35 countries, we are a truly worldwide organization servicing clients with a wide array of financial needs. Our culture is guided by values and behaviors focused on excellence, integrity, diversity and leadership.
Every day, we strive to be an employer of choice and destination for top talent – a place where our people are proud to work. Our global team embodies the diversity and potential of today’s world, with a dynamic, inclusive environment that offers opportunities and support to lead, learn, volunteer, grow and build fulfilling careers.
BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com .
In This Role You Will
The SOX Control and Compliance (“SCC”) team is responsible for performing an assessment of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (“SOX”).
Responsibilities of this Role:
- Support the Group Manager in the execution of the SOX testing program by taking ownership of assigned reviews and delivering the following key activities:
- Coordinating closely with our Business Partners and external auditors.
- Conducting control narrative refreshes
- Coordinating and leading Process walkthroughs with our Business Partners
- Testing the design and operational effectiveness for key controls
- Produce high quality work papers to clearly document testing performed, results and conclusions.
- Effective team player – taking a leading role on special projects and ad-hoc activities.
- Provide guidance and support to junior members of the team and the SCC wider team.
- Identify opportunities to leverage information technology systems and automation in a practical and value-add way.
- Evaluate potential financial impact of control deficiencies and coordinate with control owners on remediation plans including following through to ensure corrective actions are achieved within agreed timescales.
- Establish strong working relationships with stakeholders across all levels and departments of the organization.
- Serve as a trusted liaison for control owners, as well as for our internal and external auditors.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred (but not required)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in SOX testing, Internal Audit, Public Accounting Audit or a combination of private and public accounting preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) certification is preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.