Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is seeking an International Tax Manager to focus on U.S. international tax planning for its devices business, with a special focus on Project Kuiper an initiative to launch a constellation of low earth orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world. This position can be based at Amazon’s Seattle, WA or Arlington, VA headquarters.
This position will be part of a team that works closely with business partners and members of the corporate tax department to structure business initiatives and transactions. This function is critical to ensuring that the business teams are well advised on the tax impact of their activities, and that the relevant tax technical analysis of such activities are properly documented in order to support our reporting, compliance and on-going tax controversy analysis. The ideal candidate will have in-depth tax technical knowledge with experience evaluating and advising on international business initiatives and proposals.
Candidate must be able to work closely with members across a global tax department as well as external stakeholder teams (e.g., Accounting, Legal, Finance), and communicate business plans, obtain tax subject matter input, and ensure coordination and execution of cross-functional tax solutions in a sustainable manner. Candidate must be able to communicate, both in writing and orally, complex tax concepts in ways that are understandable and useful to non-tax professionals.
• 7+ years of experience in tax, finance or a related analytical field.
• BA/BS degree required
• Degree in law or accounting (CPA or equivalent), or graduate degree in taxation
• 5+ years of relevant tax experience in a corporate environment, public accounting firm or major law firm.
• Significant experience in U.S. federal and international taxation concepts, with an understanding of or practical experience with tax laws in other countries
• Strong technical writing and tax research skills
• Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex tax laws in a business setting
• Demonstrated ability to successfully lead complex, milestone driven projects, including the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated ability to manage others, both directly and indirectly
• Strong technical, analytical and problem solving ability
• Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and is able to deliver on tight deadlines
• Highly motivated, hard-working, and able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.