Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
*Applicants to this internship opportunity will need the work authorization for Singapore
Amazon is a fast-paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon Singapore’s accounting team is searching for an accounting professional who consistently exceeds expectations, who thrives in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team.
We are seeking an experienced Accounting Intern to help support the statutory reporting, audit process for certain countries across the APAC region and support local compliance projects. This position will work with stakeholders across the global accounting, finance and tax organization to drive process improvement and automation initiatives, support business expansion and projects, understand financial performance, and assist in the identification of standards for global consistency. This role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to senior leadership across geographies and time zones.
- Assist in financial statement preparation and audits across the region.
- Monthly local GAAP financial reporting close activities and analytical review.
- Support successful, on-time project launches through intake, requirements, design, testing, and launch.
- Supporting business expansion across the region.
- Evaluate, document and work with regional and US accounting teams to conclude on the local GAAP accounting for significant business events.
- Help develop and implement best practices that can be used globally.
- Identifying, articulating and communicating project and accounting operation risks to leadership, along with clear recommendations for resolution or mitigation.
- Currently pursuing an MBA degree
- Able to commit to a full-time internship for a minimum of 3-months
- Experience preparing external facing financial statements and/or managing financial or tax audits;.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (including written English)
- Understanding of IFRS and US GAAP and ability to explain accounting concepts to non-accountants.
- Experience supporting projects through intake, requirements, design, testing, and launch
- Proven track record of identifying process improvements & supporting new business launches/initiatives.
- Degree in Accounting, CPA, Chartered Accountant or similar qualifications.
- Experience in Big-4 public accounting and multi-national corporations.
- Understanding of process automation technologies like VBA, RPA, Alteryx, Python, SQL, and Wdesk.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up.
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting challenges.
- Experience in ERP or financial reporting systems like Oracle, HFM, Wdesk etc.
- Excellent analytical skills.