Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
Why finance at Stryker?
Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation?Stryker is the only company with 40 consecutive years of sales growth and was recently named one of the Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs including training, certifications, mentorship, leadership programs, tuition reimbursement, one-on-one coaching and more!
Reporting to Business Controls and Technical Accounting Director, this position is responsible to ensure a strong internal control environment through the development of procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance. The role also works to foster standardization and consistency across the APAC region of business and internal controls and partner with respective function teams/ entities to provide training or guidance when implementing a new control or process.
The is a critical role that requires the talent to be equipped with excellent technical accounting and controls knowledge and execute key financial compliance priorities for the region. The talent will partner with internal and external stakeholders. He/She is great at communication, in applying complex technical accounting concepts practically, and can work successfully in a virtual, regional, global environment to build/develop highly collaborative relationships in a multi-cultural environment.
- Develop internal controls over financial reporting in collaboration with business partners
- Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitoring of the internal control and process framework, including policies and key risks to ensure that the region and markets have adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes, and business operations
- Assess changes to the business environment and proactively rationalize and optimize internal controls through standardization and automation
- Lead the process for internal controls & process reviews across the region
- Work collaboratively and with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action
- Actively seek standardization and automation, apply and implement best practices for managing internal controls and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, assessment and review procedures
- Actively engage with internal and external auditors to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings
- Develop and conduct adequate training and prepare related information material on the internal control objectives, approach, and methodology to business partners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and control.
- Support other key business initiatives as needed
Academic qualifications / degree & relevant prior experience:
- Degree holder in Accounting or Finance.
- Qualified Accountant with a designation from a recognized accounting body
- US MNC exposure preferable with minimum 10 years of solid, hands on accounting or audit experience;
- US GAAP, SOX 404 experience preferred.
- Project & Process Management Expertise will be a plus
- Excellent language skills with proficiency in spoken and written English. Proficiency in a second language such as Chinese or Japanese will be preferred
Key strengths / personal attributes for the role:
- Solid understanding of the relationship of internal controls and business processes with financial statements and financial statements assertions, as well as the fundamentals of SOX 404 controls and requirements
- Ability to interact, influence and partner with leaders in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical accounting literature clearly and effectively to non-Finance business partners
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Quick learner and resourceful self-starter who does not require close supervision to meet tight deadlines and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in project management skills and ability to lead in a moderate size project
- Experience working with cross cultural teams
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com