Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
AWS Finance seeks a Senior Financial Analyst for the AWS Networking Finance FP&A team. In AWS Finance, you will work with diverse, collaborative, and driven people who believe financial partnership is critical to customer success. The growth of AWS and scope of Amazon’s business create opportunities to grow your career and broaden experience in any direction you choose. As a pioneer in cloud services, AWS lets you apply data, creativity, and analytical ability to completely new challenges and opportunities. This is a chance to work hard, have fun, and make history.
Our team is tasked with protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the financial data as it flows from source systems through to our financial results. This role will drive support related to month end close including Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC) and work closely with finance and accounting stakeholders to improve controllership and drive process automation. Additionally, this role will lead reporting for long term free cashflow workstreams and special projects under networking finance.
Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more start-up than big company.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter who dives deep into data to find the root cause of problems and support thoughtful decision-making, is able to build scalable processes, is detail oriented and has the ability to work well with cross-functional teams.
Key job responsibilities
1) Partner with infra FP&A, fintech and business teams to drive month end close certifications and compliance. Role will be focused on delivering through all phases of GRC requirements
2) Track control deficiencies, conduct deep dives on gap identification and offer near-term and long-term solutions to close identified gaps.
3) Facilitate the monthly GRC reviews with finance leaders and follow through on actionable items for improving control metrics over a period of time
4) Lead process improvements and automation across Network Finance to deliver long-term system-based solutions and collaborating with BIE and DE team members on our team to deliver automation that eliminate manual effort and improve controllership.
5) Drive Long term free cashflow workstreams to help optimize investment framework decisions.
6) Perform financial reporting, ad-hoc financial analyses, financial modeling
7) Develop and standardize financial reporting
8) Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities.
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, or related field
• Strong excel skills, familiarity with data extraction and modeling using SQL, Power Query or similar tools
• Experience with TM1/Cognos or similar tools
• 2+ years of accounting/finance experience including driving automation, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to exercise sound judgement, problem solve, and make decisions in complex situations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.