- Senior Capability Manager - Eden Prairie, MN
- Manager, Software Engineering - Eden Prairie, MN
- Software Development Engineer in Test III - Eden Prairie, MN
- Actuarial Director - Remote - Eden Prairie, MN
- Software Engineer - Eden Prairie, MN
UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Associate Finance Director of OptumHealth is responsible for various financial functions including financial forecasting and budgeting, financial reporting, business planning, developing business analytics and metrics reporting, combined with ad-hoc analysis for the OptumHealth team. The Associate Director role will be an advisor, evaluating and assisting with financial plans and economic modeling. The role will also be responsible for overseeing staff and be involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and professional development of employees.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsibility for managing the consolidation of forecasting, budgeting and long range planning activities for OptumHealth.
- Partner with BU & segment finance to ensure financial targets are reasonable and aligned with defined performance targets and financial thresholds
- Analyze and maintain monthly product P&Ls and review results with leadership
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes and identify areas of improvement
- Complete standard variance analysis and research variance drivers and explain cause-effect relationships
- Mentor and develop team of analysts, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 4+ years of progressive financial planning and analysis experience
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency (Pivot tables, Index Match, VLookups)
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with PowerPoint
- Knowledge of GAAP, fundamental financial concepts and procedures
- Experience prioritizing & managing demanding workloads with concurrent deadlines
- Proven ability to act decisively and proactively, anticipating change, and modify plans/timetables as needed
- PeopleSoft Experience, Hyperion SmartView and/or Essbase
- Public Accounting, Investment Banking, Consulting experience
- Experience presenting to and/or driving outcomes with director level + leadership
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Highly driven, self-motivated
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization and with cross-functional partners
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a desire to work in a dynamic environment
- Solid analytical skills and business acumen
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The Salary range for Colorado Connecticut and Nevada residents is $97,300 to 176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.