Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Studios is responsible for producing and acquiring compelling content for our massive global base of Amazon Prime Video customers. As the home of Original shows and movies like the Emmy Award-winning comedy The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, the raucous and satirical superhero takedown The Boys, the sequel to Eddie Murphy’s cult-classic film Coming 2 America, and, coming in 2022, the TV adaptation of The Lord of the Rings, we are just getting started. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios is seeking a Senior Finance Analyst to join our Culver City-based team. The senior finance analyst will report directly to the Finance Manager, and will be responsible for supporting our US/Global content portfolio. This role will directly influence our content investment plans, including helping to drive how much we should invest in content to delight viewers across the globe. This is an ideal opportunity for a finance professional who is passionate about analytics, consumer insights, driving value for customers, and of course video content.
The right individual will have exceptional financial modeling skills, strong communication skills, and solid business acumen. He or she will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and possess effective verbal and written communication, and logical reasoning. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically and manage multiple competing priorities effectively. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and developing/delivering recommendations based on this analysis. This person must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Key job responsibilities
- Set content category level performance and efficiency goals, including inventing new metrics to measure success
- Report to PV leadership on actual results, and dive deep to deliver insights into drivers of variance
- Partner with business teams to incorporate key learnings into our annual content plans
- Identify and track progress towards our US/Global content budget and performance over the year
- Guide cross-category tradeoff decisions as opportunistic content buys emerge
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias;
- Experience leading a team in an ambiguous environment;
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture;
- Strong resourcefulness and ability to find or develop compelling data given limited resources and time;
- Demonstrated expertise with building financial models and processes using MS Excel;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects;
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams;
- Excellent written and oral communication with proven influencing skills
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems such (e.g. Oracle).
• MBA or advanced business degree preferred
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.