First Republic Bank
First Republic was founded on the belief that a truly differentiated culture is devoted to exceptional client service in the banking industry.
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals within First Republic Investment Management (FRIM), First Republic Securities Company (FRSC), First Republic Trust Company (FRTC), and Foreign Exchange. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common Goals, uncommon potential
The Advanced Planning group services multiple client segments. The Associate Director Financial Planner will primarily service high net worth clients or prospects of First Republic. The Advanced Planner will actively engage many different aspects of Financial Planning for these clients or prospects that include consulting with individual clients on their planning needs related to pre-liquidity and pre-IPO planning as well as being responsible for the development, design and implementation of comprehensive financial plans as applicable and appropriate. This position will specifically be dedicated to our First Republic Bankers and their clients or prospects. The position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking to build a career in financial planning. Responsibilities range from client consultations, data collection, analysis and client recommendations.
What you’ll do as an Associate Director, Advanced Planner:
– Work independently with high net worth clients.
– Consult with a variety of clients or prospects of the firm but with a specific focus on pre-liquidity and pre-IPO situations.
– Ability to prepare, develop and deliver financial plans to clients and prospects as needed.
– Communicate directly with clients regarding on a variety of planning topics. This may also include communicating with a client’s other advisors such as accountants and attorneys.
– Prepare appropriate engagement letters and welcome packages to be sent to clients when needed
– Prepare and/or develop various analytics and presentations for use internally or with clients.
– Collecting data and accurately using the data in financial planning software such as eMoney when needed.
– Manage and maintain client information
– Being aware of and track client engagements and the work in progress as well as the work needed to complete the client engagement.
– Coordinate with private banking, wealth management teams and internal resources on client engagements when needed.
– Participate or lead various special projects related to planning
You could be a great fit if you have:
The aspiration of being a team player with a sincere desire to play a role in a growing Financial Planning business. The individual should demonstrate dynamic analytical and technical abilities, impeccable communication skills and strong attention to detail as well as:
– Strong interest in financial planning; experience with complicated planning a plus
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel and a familiarity with or ability to be trained on NumberCruncher, WealthTec, and eMoney software
– Strong familiarity with or a foundation in essential planning concepts (various equity awards, taxes, estates & trusts, insurance, cash flow planning)
– Basic knowledge of investments and financial markets
– Familiarity with banking and wealth management products and services
– Strong analytical and technical abilities
– Willingness to handle administrative tasks
– Ability to manage multiple responsibilities under high pressure
– Strong client presentation, communication and follow-up skills
– Sound judgment and reasoning abilities
– A “high touch” client service approach
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial planning
– Intellectual curiosity
– Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation, JD or CPA required or equivalent.
– Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
– Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career – apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability – that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.