Cisco Meraki simplifies technology so the world can simply work.
It’s an exciting time to work at Cisco. Every single day we connect people to the network and make it come to life. With all forms of communications converging onto the network, Cisco is entering an inspiring new era. The concept of the network as the platform for redefining life’s experiences is no longer a possibility; it is quickly becoming a reality. And Cisco is leading the experience.
The business Entity Finance (BEF) team has an exciting opportunity for a financial analyst to support the Meraki Business Unit. This position can be based in RTP (Research Triangle Park), North Carolina, US, Atlanta, Georgia, US, or Chicago, IL, US.
What will you do:
In this role, you will contribute to a broad spectrum of finance activities primarily focused on ratable/recurring revenue, software/licensing, and subscriptions. You will interact closely with various teams within Meraki and Cisco including strategy, product managers, engineering, data science, data and analytics, operations, and other finance teams to help implement initiatives and processes related to ratable revenue, deferred revenue, remaining performance obligations and recurring revenue metrics such as annual recurring revenue (ARR), available to renew (ATR) and renewal rate.
- Reporting and analysis: Monthly/quarterly quantitative and qualitative reporting and analysis to evaluate business performance and recommend go-forward actions to achieve financial objectives. Assist ad-hoc strategic and financial analyses, and scenario modeling in making better decisions using detailed, data-driven analysis from a financial perspective. Understand the definitions and intricacies of the calculations to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
- Business partnership: Financial ownership of certain aspects of ratable/recurring revenue and metrics. Work cross-functionally with various teams to develop processes and troubleshoot financial questions. Have regular reviews with business partners to ensure key issues, risks, and opportunities, and business drivers are understood and highlighted with practical insights.
- Initiatives and projects: Support initiatives and projects such as new business models, new capability/functionality, and cross-architecture initiatives.
- Compliance: Responsible for execution of controls and policy compliance, evaluating the efficiency of existing controls and improving them continuously, risk assessment of process and system changes, influencing control compliance and performance within the organization, review procedures and reports periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues and resolve them.
- Other finance and accounting support: support the Meraki finance organization to improve systems, processes, controls, simplification and automation initiatives.
Who You Are:
- Have a flair and affinity for financial reporting systems and applications. Ability to understand and become proficient in business and finance models/processes/systems. Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, and purposeful with an ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and keep multiple priorities moving at the same time and drive projects to completion.
- Curious and eager to learn, strong finance and analytical mentality, and a structured approach to data analysis and problem-solving.
- Good communication and demonstrated business partnering and teamwork skills; enjoys working cross-functionally and good at building and cultivating strong relationships within the business.
- Flexible, at times, to work with business partners in different time zones and long hours during critical projects.
- You bring strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
Minimum Requirements For This Role:
- 5+ years of strong finance/accounting experience.
- Experience with large well regarded multinational corporations in combination with public accounting (preferably big firms e.g. PwC, E&Y) is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting is required. US CPA or MBA in Finance, highly preferred.
The health and safety of Cisco’s employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.