goldmansachs Goldman Sachs
Like most financial institutions, Goldman Sachs specializes in several key areas, including mergers and acquisitions, investment research, securities and risk management, and technological innovation.
Are you looking to for an opportunity to be part of a team that works directly with exchanges, finance teams, technology teams, and other business partners to solve complex problems and influence change? Fees and Commission Operations is seeking a professional who is looking for an opportunity to develop a variety of soft and hard skills, contribute to and influence business improvements, apply financial and risk management skills, solve complex problems, and deliver excellent client service. You can be an innovator as a business operations specialist, developing and executing solutions to increase business profitability and strengthen client relationships.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver client services around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Fees and Commissions team manages income, fee and interest charges for the client and house businesses. The team impacts the success of millions of trades a day and uses data-based decision making to influence strategic business decisions. Adapting to changing client and business needs and accurate management of charges is critical to the profitability of our organization. Team responsibilities include rate maintenance, charge validations, reconciliations, adjustments, payments, cost allocations, system developments, regulatory updates, strategic projects, and business query support. We use data analytics and tools such as Alteryx, Tableau and SQL to make data-driven decisions and suggestions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Enhance and develop processes
• Become a business expert by developing a deeper understanding of the function
• Collaborate across operations, business, legal and engineering teams to adapt services to changing client and regulatory needs
• Provide timely client or business query support
• Develop and improve best practices
• Inquisitively identify control weaknesses and recommend robust solutions
• Set, measure and execute multi-year business goals
• Participate in mentorship, as a mentor and mentee, to continue the apprenticeship culture
• Identify business improvement opportunities and influence stakeholders in implementation
• Be a business operations specialist, ensuring accurate commission collection for millions of trades a day
• Regularly assess client needs and identify change required to best fulfill business needs
• Build teamwork and collaboration across regions and maintain knowledge
• Plan and execute projects to increase firm profitability and adhere to any new compliance guidance
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-7 years’ experience in banking, accounting, financial services or related fields
• Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and demonstrates accountability
• Adaptable to changing business needs
• Ability to learn quickly with high desire for large responsibility
• Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
• High attention to detail
• Problem solving or deep analysis experience
• Critical thinking skills and strong judgment
• Highly collaborative, flexible, and team-focused with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
• Excellent Client Service skills with ability to communicate complex issues to individuals with varying levels of product expertise
• Competency with MS Suite, especially Excel and the ability to learn multiple programs quickly
• Thrive in a fast paced environment
• Project management experience
• Business and finance background/degree• Innovation and change management experience