We are the leading R&D cloud platform helping the next generation of life scientists make breakthrough discoveries.
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
The senior analyst will play a critical role in building out the processes of the reporting and technical accounting functions. Reporting to the Senior Manager of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting, this role will support and collaborate with internal business partners, prepare financial statements and related documents, analyze significant complex accounting transactions, and conduct research for new accounting disclosures. It is a highly visible role that frequently interacts with both the executive management and various teams throughout the organization, and receives a broad insight into the Company’s business and operations.
- Prepare consolidated quarterly and annual financial statements and related footnotes, including the statement of cash flows
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various teams throughout the organization, the accounting team, and external auditors
- Analyze significant and complex technical accounting transactions, including those related to ASC 350, ASC 842, and ASC 606
- Communicate and explain accounting conclusions
- Perform flux analyses at the consolidated level
- Review various internal and external presentations, including investor presentations
- Support the monthly accounting process, including preparation or review of journal entries related to reviewed technical accounting transactions
- Assist in development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to financial reporting and technical accounting, and ensure compliance with internal controls
- Lead or assist on special projects or reporting requests as needed
- 3-5+ years of progressive experience in auditing and/or accounting
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- CPA with auditing experience from a Big 4 accounting firm highly desired
- Strong understanding and relevant experience with GAAP accounting guidance (ASC 350, 842 & 606) desired
- Able to research areas of technical accounting complexity and apply the applicable guidance to rapidly changing fact patterns in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to explain accounting topics in an understandable and logical manner
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Proactive with a proven track record of fostering relationships across all functions and levels
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with intermediate skills in Excel including VLOOKUP, if functions, pivot tables, etc. desired
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Our leadership principles guide how all Benchlings can lead by example:
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.
If you are a Colorado resident: Please contact us by emailing email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.